Red Oscar Cichlid
Sold in stores only. Selection varies by store. Check your local store for availability.
Red Oscar Cichlid
This item must ship next day. Additional shipping costs will apply.
Attributes / Specifications
Shipping & Returns
The Freshwater Fish, Red Oscar Cichlid, is primarily orange red in coloration with dark gray markings and the eyespot on the dorsal fin. A large tank with plants, sand and several rocks is ideal for this particular cichlid.
- If we need to contact you for any reason about your order, shipping of your package may be affected. Once your order is placed, you will receive a confirmation e-mail with your order summary. Orders are subject to verification of payment information by phone or e-mail. We ship for arrival to the customer Tuesday through Friday and Saturday for an extra charge where available.
- For feeding instructions, please click on the "directions" section.
- For additional information, please click on the "attributes/ specifications" section.
- Approximate selling size: 1.5-2"
- Tends to dig up plants, as well as rearrange rocks and gravel
- Will grow to enormous size regardless of tank size
- Should be kept with fish of similar size as they will eat smaller fish
- Primary BrandPetco Freshwater Fish
- Days to ShipShips Next Business Day
Also known as Apaiari (Brazil), Caraussú (Argentina), or Acarahuazú (Peru). TheRed Oscar Cichlid has an extroverted personality and somewhat interactive behavior. They can learn to recognize their mate, as well as their owner. The Red Oscar is orange red in coloration with dark gray markings and the eyespot on the dorsal fin. Oscars tend to dig up plants, as well as rearrange rocks and gravel. Oscar Cichlids should be kept with fish of similar size as they will eat smaller fish. The ideal tank size for a solo Oscar would be a longer than tall tank of at least 55 gallons.