Attributes / Specifications
Red-eared Sliders are very active and love to swim. While they are mostly aquatic, these diurnal turtles also enjoy a dry, warm place where they can climb out and bask under a heat light. Turtles are social animals and can be kept together as long as you provide enough space in their habitat.
- Diet: Omnivorous
- Max Size: 12 inches
- Lifespan: 40 years
- Red-eared Sliders are named for the distinctive red streak on each side of their face.
- Do not house different turtle species together.
- Diurnal - Awake during the day, sleep at night
- Environment: Aquatic with dock area for basking
- Primary BrandPetco
- Days to ShipShips Next Business Day
Red Ear Sliders are the most common aquatic turtle pet and can live for up to 50 years in captivity.
Although Red Ear Sliders are mostly aquatic, these diurnal turtles also enjoy a dry, warm place where they can climb out and bask under a heat light. A great habitat would be a large aquarium with a strong filter and an assortment of rocks, ramps, docks or other accessories to provide ample space for climbing. Some pet parents keep their Red Ear Sliders in a garden or outdoor pond.