Male Veiltail Betta
Sold in stores only. Selection varies by store. Check your local store for availability.
Male Veiltail Betta
This item must ship next day. Additional shipping costs will apply.
Attributes / Specifications
Shipping & Returns
The Male Veiltail Betta is also known as a Siamese Fighting Fish. These freshwater fish are known best for their beautiful fins and color. Bettas can breathe from their labyrinth organ which enables the fish to breathe from the surface. Minimum tank size: 1/4 gallon
- For additional information, please click on the "attributes/specifications" section.
- If we need to contact you for any reason about your order, shipping of your package may be affected. Once your order is placed, you will receive a confirmation email with your order summary. Orders are subject to verification of payment information by phone or email. We ship for arrival to the customer Tuesday through Friday and Saturday for an extra charge where available
- For feeding instructions, please click on the "directions" section.
- Approximate selling size: 1.75-2.25"
- Male bettas should never be housed together for any reason
- Comes in a wide variety of colors
- Can breathe from the surface due to modified gills, known as the labyrinth organ
- Primary BrandPetco Freshwater Fish
- Days to ShipShips Next Business Day
Also known as Siamese Fighting Fish, Combattant (Canada), Trey kroem phloek (Cambodia), or Cá lia thia (Vietnam). TheMale Veiltail Betta is well known for its jewel-bright colors and spectacular fins. Bettas are anabantids (Derived from the Greek Verb anabaino, meaning "to go up") which physiologically means they have two methods of breathing. Bettas breathe from their labyrinth organ which enables the fish to breathe from the surface. Bettas also breathe through their gills like other fish. Genetically speaking, the veil tail trait is dominant over the short fins. Bettas will "flare" their fins when disturbed or threatened. TheMale Veiltail Betta will attack another Betta and have been known to attack similar-looking fish. It is recommended that only oneMale Veiltail Betta is housed in an aquarium with plants and very little current.