Attributes / Specifications
Parakeets are small, social, and intelligent birds. eating a variety of seeds, plants, fruits, and vegetables, parakeets are known to live approximately 15 years in captivity.
- Parakeets will bond closely with their pet parents if the time is taken to hand tame them.
- A male parakeet has a bluish area around his nostrils, while a female has a white/ brown area.
- Also known as a budgie.
- Days to ShipShips Next Business Day
- Primary BrandPetco
- Green Parakeets are closest to the colors found in the wild grasslands of Australia.
- All Petco Parakeets are captive-bred.
Parakeets are by far the most popular feathered companion! Their gregarious nature, bright colors, and propensity for fun make them a great companion for the whole family! Parakeets will bond closely with their pet parents if the time is taken to hand tame them. If you prefer a pet that will remain in its habitat with little human interaction, it is best to get 2 parakeets, as they are very social. Parakeets can be taught to talk and mimic sounds. They love to play with toys and provide hours of entertainment! They require a habitat that is at least 18" x 18". Parakeets love to chatter-- won't you let them fill you in on all the fun they have in store for you?