Get to Know Crested Geckos
- Will tolerate gentle handling; rough handling will stress your gecko and may cause them to drop their tail, which will not grow back.
- Can live up to 10 years with proper care and grow up to 8 inches in length.
- Omnivorous, consuming insects and fruits.
Sold in stores only. Selection varies by store. Check your local store for availability.
Attributes / Specifications
The Crested Gecko is also known as the New Caledonian Gecko, or even an Eyelash Gecko due to its pronounced ridges that mimic eyelashes. This arboreal lizard was once though to be extinct, but it wasn't until the early 1990's that a breeding group was imported into the United States. These animals are easy to keep and breed easily in captivity. Selective breeding has introduced a wide variety of colors, patterns, and markings making this one of the most popular reptiles available today.
- Nocturnal - Awake at night, sleep during the day
- Environment: Arboreal
- Diet: Omnivorous
- Max Size: 8 inches
- Lifespan: 10 years
- No two Crested Geckos look alike. Their color and pattern morphs are varied, giving them distinctively unique appearances.
- Adult male Crested Geckos should be kept separate. Do not house different reptile species together.
- Days to ShipShips Next Business Day
- Primary BrandPetco