Attributes / Specifications
The Crested Gecko is also known as the New Caledonian Gecko, or even an Eyelash Gecko due to its pronounced ridges that mimic eyelashes. This arboreal lizard was once though to be extinct, but it wasn't until the early 1990's that a breeding group was imported into the United States. These animals are easy to keep and breed easily in captivity. Selective breeding has introduced a wide variety of colors, patterns, and markings making this one of the most popular reptiles available today.
- Nocturnal animal, meaning it is most active at night.
- Does best eating crickets, mealworms, waxworms, and Crested Gecko specific foods.
- Will tolerate a wide variety of humidity, but does best in moderate to high humidity levels.
- Adult length is approximately 8-10 inches.
- Crested geckos have been nicknamed the "eyelash" gecko due to the ridges that run along the top of their eyes.
- A prehensile tail allows them to grab onto vines and branches. Will also drop its tail as a defense mechanism. Unlike other geckos, the tail will not grow back.
- Primary BrandPetco
- Days to ShipShips Next Business Day