Terms & Conditions
No purchase is necessary to become a member ("Member") of or to enroll in Petco's Pals Rewards membership program ("Pals Rewards Program"). Member shall provide its email address upon signup for the Pals Rewards Program and agrees to receive Pals Rewards account and transactional communications and rewards via email. Member must be 18 years of age or older to participate.
Member will earn 1 Point for every dollar spent on merchandise at any Petco and Unleashed by Petco retail store, and/or at petco.com. Pals Rewards Dollars will be issued to Member at the rate of five (5) Pals Reward Dollars for every 100 Points earned by Member, which Member may use towards $5 off any future purchase.
Reward Dollars are based on total Member spending at any Petco and Unleashed retail store, and online at petco.com. Points will not accrue for money spent by Member on tax or shipping or via coupons or promotions. Neither Points nor Pals Rewards Dollars have any cash value.
Members must provide their Pals Rewards Program number at the point of checkout to receive Points for their purchase. For purchases at petco.com, Members must be logged into their petco.com account. Members are responsible for maintaining accurate and updated personal information online at petco.com and/or Palsrewards.com.
Pals Reward Dollars are not assignable, saleable, transferable, replaceable or redeemable for cash. Petco is not responsible for Pals Reward Dollars not received as a result of Member's failure to provide an accurate email address and/or update Member's personal information.
Petco may email Member with (1) Pals Rewards Program account ("Account") statements, (2) Pals Reward Dollars reward notifications, and/or (3) transactional information. Member consents to these email notifications which are required as part of Pals Rewards membership. Members may opt-out of promotional email messages anytime at petco.com or palsrewards.com. The Pals Rewards Program is continuous and no subsequent registration is required. Pals Reward Dollars earned on a purchased item which is then returned or exchanged may be deducted from Member's Account balance. Returns may cause a negative Pals Rewards Dollars and/or Points balance.
Points Accrual Rules
Member is solely responsible for any federal, state and local taxes associated with any purchases where applicable. Points are earned on all eligible transactions completed at any Petco or Unleashed by Petco store and on petco.com through cash, credit card or using Petco gift cards. All eligible purchases are applied towards accruing Points and Pals Reward Dollars shall be issued to Member via email for each qualifying 100 Points earned by Member.
Purchases made by Members to buy Gift Cards and donations made by Members to the Petco Foundation (both monetary donations and donations through the purchase of specific merchandise), are not eligible to receive Points. Shipping costs resulting from online transactions are not eligible to receive Points.
If Member's Account is inactive for 180 days, any accumulated Points towards Pals Reward Dollars will be reset to zero (0). Inactive is defined as not having any purchase activity posted to Member's Account.
If a Member believes their eligible purchase was incorrectly applied toward earning Pals Reward Dollars, please contact Petco Customer Relations at 888-824-PALS (7257). Requests must be received by Petco Customer Relations within forty-five (45) days from the date of activity. Written requests should include the Member's name, Pals Rewards Program number, address and daytime telephone number and/or e-mail address. Failure to supply adequate and unaltered documentation may result in denial of Point credit.
Petco may present additional opportunities from time to time for Member to earn Points by engaging in non-purchase behavior online, including, but not limited to, completing a Member profile or answering a survey, with Reward Dollar increments varying at Petco's discretion. Petco.com purchases made by Member using secure checkout with a petco.com registered account are eligible to earn Points towards Pals Reward Dollars. Other petco.com payment methods, including guest checkout, are not eligible to earn Points towards Pals Reward Dollars.
Pals Reward Dollars Issuance and Redemption
Pals Rewards Dollars will be issued to Member at the rate of five (5) Pals Reward Dollars for every 100 Points earned by Member, which Member may use towards $5 off any future purchase. Pals Reward Dollars will be displayed in the Member's account at petco.com and palsrewards.com. Members are required to load earned Rewards Dollars for use to their Account. Members can do so via logging onto their Account online or by calling Petco Customer Relations at 888-824-PALS (7257).
Pals Reward Dollars shall only be applied for future purchases equal to or greater than $5. Pals Reward Dollars cannot be redeemed in full or in part for cash or gift cards or certificates. Petco is not responsible for lost or stolen Pals Reward Dollars. All Pals Reward Dollars expire upon 45 days of issuance date. Pals Reward Dollars can be redeemed in any Petco store, Unleashed by Petco store, Vetco or on petco.com. Pals Reward Dollars cannot be redeemed at Just Food For Dogs Kitchens, Thrive Vet Hospitals, or at any third-party veterinary partner located within a Petco. Pals Reward Dollars will be applied prior to any other coupons at point of sale. Pals Reward Dollars cannot be applied to other petco.com payment methods. Pals Reward Dollars can only be applied to petco.com purchases using secure checkout with a petco.com registered account.
Points and Reward Coupon Return Policy
If Member returns merchandise purchased with Pals Reward Dollars, the returned value will only equate to the total cash or credit originally charged. The Pals Reward Dollars and/or coupons applied to the original transaction will not be credited back to the Member. Pals Rewards Points, however, earned on a qualifying item will be deducted if the item is returned and the program account has an available point balance below 100.
Perks – Nutrition Perk
The Nutrition Perk is an offer in the United States for dog and cat owners to earn a food coupon when they purchase and accumulate seven (7) qualifying dog or cat dry items of food as detailed below:
- To enroll in the Nutrition Perk offer, you must first download the Petco mobile application (the “App”), and you must be a member of the Pals Rewards Program. After these steps, you may activate your Nutrition Perk offer via the App through the following three ways by:
- (i) clicking the “My Pets” tab at the bottom of the App; (ii) then clicking the “Learn More” icon on the next screen in the App; (iii) then clicking the “Unlocking Nutrition Perk” icon on the next screen in the App. You will then view a progress bar “Nutrition Perk” in the App to keep track of any “credit” earned through the purchase of a dog or cat dry food item
- (i) viewing an individual consumables food product page; (ii) then clicking the “Learn More” icon on the next screen in the App; (iii) then clicking the “Unlocking Nutrition Perk icon on the next screen in the App. You will then view a progress bar “Nutrition Perk” in the App to keep track of any “credit” earned through the purchase of a dog or cat dry item
- (i) viewing the Pals Rewards page under My Account; (ii) then clicking the “Unlocking Nutrition Perk” icon positioned below “Available Rewards”. You will then view a progress bar “Nutrition Perk” in the App to keep track of any “credit” earned through the purchase of a dog or cat dry or food item
- One (1) credit will be earned under the Nutrition Perk progress bar when you purchase a dog or cat item of food under your Pals Rewards account following the opt in of the Nutrition Perk offer.
- After purchasing and accumulating seven (7) credits in the Nutrition Perk offer, you will earn one (1) food coupon. The issued coupon value is the average cost of the 7 food purchases minus all discounts with the exception of Pals Rewards dollars.
- After your use of the food coupon earned under the Nutrition Perk offer, your progress bar status will reset the total number of credits earned to zero (0). You will continue to earn credits towards a food coupon based on the terms and rules described in these Nutrition Perk Terms. Your previously earned food coupon will remain available under your progress bar until redeemed in-store or online at Petco.com, or until it expires ninety (90) days after issuance.
- Conditions – The food coupon earned through the Nutrition Perk offer cannot be shared with other customers or other entities.
- The purchase of multiple brand and size items or cans of food can contribute to the same Nutrition Perk offer coupon. The value of your Nutrition Perk offer coupon will be calculated based on the average of your previous seven (7) food purchases.
- Free items of food offered through specific brand offers or other Petco offers such as Vital Care’s Welcome Gift do not count as a “credit” under the Nutrition Perk offer unless specifically stated in writing on the coupon or the promotional document.
- Once earned, your Nutrition Perk coupon must be used within ninety (90) days of the date it is issued.
- Qualifying food purchases made within thirty (30) days prior to “Unlocking Nutrition Perk <FPO>” will be added as credits within 48 hours on the Nutrition Perk progress bar.
- Your Pals Rewards Program membership must be active and in good standing to earn or redeem any coupon.
Cancellation and Termination Policy
Petco maintains the right to terminate Member's participation in the Pals Rewards Program at any time. Upon termination of the Program, Member will forfeit any inactivated Points and/or Rewards Dollars. Repeated return of merchandise for which Points and/or Pals Reward Dollars have been rewarded may result in termination of Member's participation in the Pals Rewards Program if in Petco's sole opinion such behavior is determined to be fraudulent.
Modification of Program Policy
Petco reserves the right to modify and/or terminate the Pals Rewards Program and/or these Terms and Conditions at any time without notice. Terms and Conditions for the Program will be posted at palsrewards.com. Member's continued participation in the Pals Rewards Program, including use of its Account, Points and/or any Pals Rewards Dollars shall indicate Member's acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
Release of Liability
Member releases Petco Animal Supplies, Inc., its affiliate entities, and their respective officers, directors, employees and agents from and against any and all liability relating to Member's Pals Rewards Program membership and/or these Terms and Conditions.
Governing Law and Arbitration
These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed under the substantive laws of the state of California, without reference to conflict-of-laws.
Frequently Asked Questions
How does Petco track my purchases and Points earned?
All your eligible purchases will be tracked via your Pals Rewards Program Account. Ensure you earn points for your spending by providing your Pals Rewards Member number upon checking out in-store and making sure you are signed in when you check out online at petco.com.
How can I track my purchases and Points earned?
You can track all your purchases and Points earned by signing into your Pals Rewards Program Account, clicking on "pals rewards" on the left hand menu, and then clicking "transaction history."
How do I redeem Points earned for Pals Reward Dollars?
Once you have earned a reward of Pals Reward Dollars, you can redeem it by:
- Loading the reward to your account for automatic redemption at in-store checkout,
- Printing your reward voucher and presenting at in-store checkout, or
- Online at petco.com in your shopping cart or in "edit payment" when checking out online at petco.com
What if I spend more than $100?
For every earned 100 Points, Petco will issue $5 reward dollars to your account. For example, if you spend $200 and earned 200 Points in the same transaction, then two (2) $5 Pals Reward Dollars rewards will be added to your Account. If you spend $350 and earned 350 Points in the same transaction, then only three (3) $5 Pals Reward Dollars rewards will be added to your Account.
How do I know when I've earned a Pals Reward Dollars reward?
Petco will send you an email notification of your earned Pals Rewards Dollar reward within (5) business days of accrual. In addition, you may log in anytime to your Account to view all current Pals Reward Dollar rewards and Points.
What if I did not provide my email address upon signing up?
You may edit your email contact information and preferences anytime by logging into your Account and clicking "communication preferences" on the left hand menu.
If I earn 100 Points today can I use my $5 Pals Reward Dollars on my current purchase?
Pals Reward Dollars rewards are sent via email after a qualifying purchase allows you to reach 100 Points for you to use on a later visit. These rewards may not be used on same-day purchases.
When does Nutrition Perk Start?
You will be able to start unlocking the offer on April 7 th , 2021.
How can a Pals Member participate?
At this time, Nutrition Perk is exclusively available in the Petco mobile app. Once “unlocked”, you will receive a credit(s) for any food purchase made within the last 30 days. It may take up to 24 hours for the credit(s) to show. A Pals Member must purchase at least one bag of dry food every 12 months, credit(s) towards a free bag to remain active. All dry food purchases will count as a purchase towards Nutrition Perk, no brands are excluded.
What is the value of the ‘free bag’ perk?
The perk value will be issued on the average cost of the 7 bags purchased, minus all discounts (with the exception of Pals Rewards). The Pals Member will have 90 days to redeem their perk
How does returning a bag of food effect the Nutrition Perk credit or ‘free bag’ perk?
A Nutrition Perk participating member returning a purchased bag will have their earned “credit” removed from the progress bar. If a participating member has earned their ‘free bag’ perk already and then returns their 7th purchased bag, the value/cost of the 7th bag will be reduced from the credit value of their next 1st credit in the reset progress bar
If a Pals Member purchases 2 bags of food in one transaction, will they get 1 credit or 2 credits?
A Nutrition Perk participating member will receive a single credit for each bag of food purchased even if included in a single transaction