This item must ship next day. Additional shipping costs will apply.
This product can only be purchased in stores.
Attributes / Specifications
Ingredients & Guaranteed Analysis
Shipping & Returns
The Valentini Puffer, also known as the Black Saddle Puffer is from the smaller Canthigaster genus. Quite the undemanding and hardy saltwater fish, unlike most other fish, the puffers use their pectoral fins for forward and backward movement. As with all puffers, invertebrates should not be tank mates as they will be eaten by the puffer. Also, slower moving fish as well as community fish should not be tank mates due to the puffer's propensity to nip fins and other body parts. When threatened, puffers will inflate their body by taking in water in an attempt to prevent others from eating it. When removing or transferring a puffer fish use a container as opposed to a net. Minimum tank size: 30 gallons
- Eats inverts and nips other fish
- Inflates its body when threatened
- Undemanding and hardy
- We ship for arrival to the customer Tuesday through Friday and Saturday for an extra charge where available. Once an order is placed, you will receive a confirmation email with your order summary.
- For feeding instructions, please click on the "directions" section.
- Approximate selling size: 1.5-2.5"
- For additional information, please click on the "attributes/specifications" section
- Primary BrandPetco Marine Fish
- Days to ShipUsually Leaves Warehouse the Next Business Day
Loves a variety of mysis shrimp, brine shrimp, and other meaty foods. Diet should include clams, krill and hard shelled shrimp to trim down their constantly growing teeth. Will eat other ornamental shrimp and inverts.
|Water Parameters-SG Min||1.02|
|Scientific Name||Canthigaster valentini|
|Pet Max Length||4 IN|
|Water Parameters-PH Min||8.1|
|Min Water Temp||72 F|
|Water Parameters-SG Max||1.025|
|Pet Min Length||0 IN|
|Water Parameters-PH Max||8.4|
|Max water Temp||78 F|