Attributes / Specifications
Ingredients & Guaranteed Analysis
Animals love the sweet smell and taste of leafy Oxbow Orchard Grass Hay, and that makes it a good addition to an herbivore's healthy meal plan. Like other long-strand grass hays, the soft-textured Orchard Grass Hay is high in fiber, low in protein and supports the health of small herbivores by stimulating digestion, preventing obesity and making mealtime more appealing. Mix Orchard Grass Hay with other Oxbow grass hays to create a sweet and nutritious combination.
- Orchard Grass is a green, fruity-smelling grass hay which many small animals enjoy. To the untrained eye, it looks identical to timothy grass, but the seed heads have a different shape.
- Orchard Grass is a perennial cool season grass with flat leaf blades. The leaves vary in color from green to bluish-green depending on the maturity of the plant. The lower surface of the leaf is not shiny; and leaf sheaths can be somewhat rougher to the touch than timothy.
- Orchard Grass is recommended by veterinarians for small herbivores due to the nutritional content. Orchard Grass can be mixed with other grass hays when feeding your pet. This is encouraged because animals seem to like the variety. Mixing your grasses will encourage them to eat more hay, which is beneficial to the health of the animal.
- Hay is absolutely vital to the health of small herbivores. Orchard Grass also provides a long-strand fiber source that is needed to improve the digestive and intestinal functions by stimulating the digestive system. When animals are fed free-choice hay, it promotes their natural chewing behavior, which helps prevent molar spurs and other dental problems that are so common in these small herbivores.
- Days to ShipShips Next Business Day
- Primary BrandOxbow
- Weight15 OZ