Get to Know Guinea Pigs
- Social companions that require daily interaction. Jump, or "popcorn," when happy.
- Can live up to 8 years with proper care.
- Herbivores, consuming high-quality guinea pig food, with vegetables, fruits and hay.
Sold in stores only. Selection varies by store. Check your local store for availability.
Attributes / Specifications
Guinea Pigs are considered to be an ideal first pet! They are adorable and loving animals that are easy to maintain and handle. You can tell that they are especially excited when a guinea pig performs little hops in the air, also known as "popcorning". This is a common occurrence with most guinea pigs as they are generally very happy and excitable animals. There are a number of treats and toys available to use when bonding with your guinea pig. Like many other small animals, their teeth grow continually throughout their life so it is important to provide them with chew sticks to prevent the teeth from becoming over-grown. Guinea pigs are very affectionate and will snuggle up to their pet parents. They are one of the few small animals that may enjoy interacting with you as much as you do with them!
- Crepuscular, meaning they are most active at Dawn and Dusk
- Requires Vitamin C daily.
- Guinea Pigs bond easily with their pet parent(s) and will communicate through various sounds such as squeaks, chirps and purrs.
- Primary BrandPetco
- Days to ShipShips Next Business Day
Guinea Pigs bond easily with their pet parent(s) and will communicate through various sounds such as squeaks, chirps and purrs.