Get to Know Water Dragons
- Arboreal reptile, needing vertical space along with multiple branches to climb on.
- Can live more than 15 years with proper care and grow up to 36 inches.
- Omnivorous, consuming a mixture of meat and plant material.
Sold in stores only. Selection varies by store. Check your local store for availability.
Attributes / Specifications
Water Dragons are arboreal reptiles, needing vertical space along with multiple branches to climb on. Also known as a Chinese Water Dragon, they reach upwards of 3 feet in length. These reptiles are found in rain forests, and forests near bodies of water.
- Water Dragons communicate by bobbing their heads, inflating their throat pouches, doing push-ups and waving their arms. This is part of the territorial behavior that males exhibit during breeding season.
- Diurnal - Awake during the day, sleep at night
- Environment: Arboreal
- Diet: Omnivorous
- Max Size: 36 inches
- Lifespan: 10-15 years
- Adult Water Dragons can be territorial and should be housed separately. Do not house different reptile species together.
- Primary BrandPetco
- Days to ShipShips Next Business Day