Sold in stores only. Selection varies by store. Check your local store for availability.
Attributes / Specifications
Tarantulas do make great pets as long as proper care and maintenance is regularly completed. These arachnids can be found in both the "New World" (North & South America), and the "Old World" (Africa, Asia, etc.). New World Tarantulas have "urticating" hairs that are used as a form of defense, meaning they will flick these hairs causing mild to extreme irritation upon contact with skin and membranes. A few of the species that are commonly kept as pets are Pink Zebras (Eupalaestrus campestratus), Mexican Red Knees (Brachypelma smithi), and Honduran Curly Hairs (Brachypelma albopilosum).
- Should rarely be handled unless necessary
- One of the quietest pets available
- Relatively inexpensive to feed
- Require live food such as crickets
- Primary BrandPetco
- Days to ShipShips Next Business Day