Get to Know Leopard Geckos
- Have an unusually gentle disposition for geckos.
- Can grow up to nine inches and live for 10 or more years with proper care.
- Don’t just eat crickets—they love all kinds of insects, including mealworms, superworms and waxworms.
Sold in stores only. Selection varies by store. Check your local store for availability.
Attributes / Specifications
Leopard Geckos are hardy and docile geckos making them a great first pet reptile. As they do not require large amounts of space or expensive lighting, the Leopard Geckos have become increasingly popular pets over the years. A variety of color patterns have emerged over the years due to selective breeding. This includes, but is not limited to Albinos, Leucistics, and High Yellows. Although baby Leopard Geckos may be skittish at first, they are easily tamed. As with other geckos, they do best with a warm hiding area, and a cooler hiding area.
- Leopard Geckos get their name from the leopard-like spots that cover the backs of adult Leopard Geckos. Many geckos lack eyelids, but not Leopard Geckos! They can even blink and close their eyes while sleeping.
- Adult male Leopard Geckos can be territorial and should be housed separately. Do not house different reptile species together.
- Nocturnal - Awake at night, sleep during the day
- Environment: Desert
- Diet: Insectivore
- Max Size: 9 inches
- Lifespan: 20 years
- Primary BrandPetco
- Days to ShipShips Next Business Day
Many geckos lack eyelids, but not the leopard ones! They can even blink and close their eyes while sleeping.
Leopard geckos can make great first pets for anyone interested in caring for a reptile. These little lizards don’t usually grow more than 10 inches in length and can become tame with proper handling. A 10-gallon tank with a heating pad, lighting, hide box, food and water dishes are the basic requirements for a good home. You’ll find all the accessories to make your pet leopard gecko a healthy habitat for sale at Petco. Being nocturnal, you’ll find these reptiles more active at night than during the day. Leopard geckos require live food, such as crickets or meal worms. Periodically, dusting their food with a calcium rich, multi-vitamin supplement ensures your pet is getting the proper nutrition. When you’re ready to leap into the world of live lizards, stop by your nearest Petco and buy a pet leopard gecko and their accessories for sale.