Get to Know Bearded Dragons
- Easy to care for and have sociable personalities.
- Can live more than 10 years with proper care.
- Omnivorous, consuming insects, vegetables and fruits.
Sold in stores only. Selection varies by store. Check your local store for availability.
Attributes / Specifications
Bearded Dragons are a type of ancient lizard, originally from the deserts of central Australia. "Bearded" refers to a flap of skin under the chin that they extend when disturbed. They are usually even-tempered and seem to tolerate human interaction.
- Diet: Omnivorous
- Max Size: 24 inches
- Lifespan: 3-10 years
- The name Bearded Dragon comes from their ability to puff or flare out the skin under their throats, often darkening the skin to a black color, which looks like a beard.
- Adult male Bearded Dragons can be territorial and should be housed separately. Do not house different reptile species together.
- Diurnal - Awake during the day, sleep at night
- Environment: Desert
- Primary BrandPetco
- Days to ShipShips Next Business Day