This item must ship next day. Additional shipping costs will apply.
This product can only be purchased in stores.
Attributes / Specifications
Ingredients & Guaranteed Analysis
The Harlequin Shrimp does best in pairs, living on coral reefs, defending their home. As with other marine shrimp, this species is highly sensitive to high nitrates as well as copper, and should have pristine water quality.
- We ship for arrival to the customer Tuesday through Friday and Saturday for an extra charge where available. Once an order is placed, you will receive a confirmation email with your order summary.
- For feeding instructions, please click on the "directions" section.
- Approximate selling size: 1-5"
- For additional information, please click on the "attributes/ specifications" section.
- Requires iodine to ensure proper molting and growth. Drip acclimation is highly recommended.
- Eats starfish and sea urchins.
- Nitrates and copper are highly toxic to this species.
- Days to ShipUsually Leaves Warehouse the Next Business Day
- Primary BrandPetco Marine Inverts
Loves to eat starfish, as well as some sea urchins.
|Water Parameters-SG Min||1.023|
|Pet Max Length||1.5 IN|
|Water Parameters-PH Min||8.1|
|Min Water Temp||72 F|
|Water Parameters-DKH Max||12|
|Water Parameters-SG Max||1.025|
|Water Parameters-PH Max||8.3|
|Max water Temp||78 F|
|Water Parameters-DKH Min||8|
This species ofHarlequin Shrimp, Hymenocera picta differs from another similar species, Hymenocera elegans with the color of its spots. H. picta has purple and red spots, while H. elegans has blue spots. TheHarlequin Shrimp does best in pairs, living on coral reefs, defending their home. As with other marine shrimp, this species is highly sensitive to high nitrates as well as copper, and should have pristine water quality. Drip acclimation is highly recommended.