Black Volitan Lionfish - Small
Frequently Bought Together
Total Price: $0.00
You May Also Like
Please note that the product information displayed is provided by manufacturers, suppliers and other third parties and is not independently verified by Petco.
Lionfish are beautiful solitary creatures and quite popular with aquarists. The Black Volitan Lionfish has vertical stripes along its body that vary in color from red, burgundy, white and black. It has eye catching banded spines on the dorsal fin and large flowing pectoral fins. Known to spend time out in the open at dusk and dawn, but will hide in caves in daylight. Due to the venomous nature of the dorsal spines on the lionfish, exercise caution when working in the tank. Adapts to captivity easily when provided with adequate hiding spots such as crevices and caves. Plenty of swimming room is needed as is subdued lighting as this species is more active at night than during the day. Black Volitan Lionfish - Special Care Info: As with all Lionfish, the spines located across its dorsal, pectoral, and anal fins are venomous. The likelihood of a sting is a very uncommon event, but should not be taken lightly.
- - Beautiful solitary carnivore
- - Will eat any tankmate that can fit in its mouth
- - Venomous spines
- - If we need to contact you for any reason about your order, shipping of your package may be affected. Once your order is placed, you will receive a confirmation email with your order summary. Orders are subject to verification of payment information by phone or email. We ship for arrival to the customer Tuesday through Friday and Saturday for an extra charge where available.
- - For feeding instructions, please click on the "directions" section.
- - Approximate selling size: 1.5-3"
- - For additional information, please click on the "attributes/specifications" section.
Petco Marine Fish
Days to Ship
Ships Next Business Day
Max water Temp
Water Parameters-SG Max
Pet Max Length
Water Parameters-DKH Min
Water Parameters-PH Min
Pet Min Length
Water Parameters-SG Min
Water Parameters-DKH Max
Water Parameters-PH Max
Min Water Temp
Africa, Indo-Pacific, Sri Lanka
Needs meaty foods such as live shrimp, crustacean meat, and frozen fish meat. Initially, the lionfish may only accept live foods, but should be weaned off of live foods to expand its diet. Live Goldfish are not recommended as they are nutritionally insufficient.
If we need to contact you for any reason about your order, shipping of your package may be affected. Once your order is placed, you will receive a confirmation email with your order summary. Orders are subject to verification of payment information by phone or email. We ship for arrival to the customer Tuesday through Friday and Saturday for an extra charge where available.
Customers Also Viewed
You May Also Like