This item must ship next day. Additional shipping costs will apply.
This product can only be purchased in stores.
Attributes / Specifications
Ingredients & Guaranteed Analysis
Shipping & Returns
The Pencil Urchin has no problems being housed with more aggressive fish. Pencil Urchin are great at controlling algae but can also be destructive to corals.
- Approximate selling size: 1.5-3.5"
- Known as the Mine Urchin
- Excellent controller of nuisance algae
- Best to drip acclimate
- For additional information, please click on the "attributes/specifications" section.
- If we need to contact you for any reason about your order, shipping of your package may be affected. Once your order is placed, you will receive a confirmation email with your order summary. Orders are subject to verification of payment information by phone or email. We ship for arrival to the customer Tuesday through Friday and Saturday for an extra charge where available
- For feeding instructions, please click on the "directions" section.
- Days to ShipUsually Leaves Warehouse the Next Business Day
- Primary BrandPetco Marine Inverts
Eats detritus and left over food in tank.
|Water Parameters-SG Min||1.023|
|Scientific Name||Diadema sp.|
|Pet Max Length||5 IN|
|Water Parameters-PH Min||8.1|
|Min Water Temp||72 F|
|Water Parameters-DKH Max||12|
|Water Parameters-SG Max||1.026|
|Pet Min Length||0 IN|
|Water Parameters-PH Max||8.4|
|Max water Temp||78 F|
|Water Parameters-DKH Min||8|
ThePencil Urchin. This urchin has no problems being housed with more aggressive fish. Pencil Urchin are great at controlling algae but can also be destructive to corals. Drip acclimation is highly recommended. This species is intolerant of copper as well as high levels of nitrates