Attributes / Specifications
Ingredients & Guaranteed Analysis
Fire Skinks are reptiles that generally have bright vivid coloration. Their scales are smooth and have vivid red coloration on their sides. This lizard is easily recognized with its short legs, long tail, and distinct coloration.
- Reach anywhere between 14 to 20 inches in length
- Molting is done in patches by shedding small pieces of skin one by one.
- Tends to burrow in loose substrate
- Most skinks will squirm and are generally happy if they aren't handled.
- Prefers live prey including crickets and mealworms as the main portion of its diet. Waxworms, hornworms, and roaches are great additions too.
- Outgoing animal that can recognize people.
- Primary BrandPetco
- Days to ShipUsually Leaves Warehouse the Next Business Day
Because all reptiles are potential carriers of infectious diseases, such as Salmonella, always wash your hands before and after handling your reptile and/or habitat contents to help prevent the potential spread of diseases.
- Fire Skinks shed their skin underwater.
- The molting is done in patches by shedding small pieces of skin one by one.
Fire Skinks are named for their beautifully-colored patterns. These skinks are smooth-scaled lizards that are active and alert most during the daytime. They are docile and can be skittish at first, but they are easy to tame and handle. Keep them in a 20-gallon terrarium with no more than one other skink and provide low climbing and hiding places. The more comfortable they feel in their habitat, the more active and adventurous they will be!