35% off your first order & free shipping on $35 when you select Repeat Delivery in cart!
Attributes / Specifications
The Exo-Terra Reptile UVB 100, 13W has a moderate to high UVB output, similar to that of shady environments such as rain forests and other tropical locations. Reptiles living in these habitats receive less UV radiation because of the many climatological conditions (fairly high humidity, changes in weather, etc) that prevent direct sunlight from reaching them or their basking sites. The advantage of the Exo Terra Repti Glo Compact Fluorescent bulb is its size and the fact that it is self-ballasted. A regular screw fitting is sufficient to operate these bulbs. The spiral shape of the bulb enables vertical or horizontal mounting without compromising performance. It is recommended to combine a high UVB output (Repti Glo 5.0 and 10.0) with a very high visual light output (Repti Glo 2.0) for optimal results. Fluorescent bulbs do not provide sufficient heat. A separate heat source is required in addition (ex: incandescent basking lamp).
- Ideal for all tropical and sub-tropical reptiles
- High UVB output
- Effective up to 30 cm (12")
- Provides necessary UVB rays for optimal calcium metabolism
- Stimulates appetite, activity and reproductive behaviour through UVA radiation
- Recommended in combination with Repti Glo 2.0 for a higher visual light output
- Primary BrandExo-Terra
- Days to ShipShips Next Business Day
- Weight.21 LB