Attributes / Specifications
Shipping & Returns
The Sea Hare common name comes from its appearance of a rabbit due to two oral tentacles on top of the head. In a stress free environment it will spend the day foraging for aquatic vegetation like Caulerpa.
- If we need to contact you for any reason about your order, shipping of your package may be affected. Once your order is placed, you will receive a confirmation email with your order summary. Orders are subject to verification of payment information by phone or email. We ship for arrival to the customer Tuesday through Friday and Saturday for an extra charge where available.
- For feeding instructions, please click on the "directions" section.
- Approximate selling size: 2-4"
- For additional information, please click on the "attributes/specifications" section.
- Expert care needed
- Sensitive to water quality, nitrates and copper
- Helps control algae
- Days to ShipShips Next Business Day
- Primary BrandPetco Marine Inverts
Expert care is a must. The Blue Spotted Sea Hare has the ability to release a toxic dye if threatened or killed and a form of chemical filtration, like carbon, is highly recommended to help remove these toxins from the water. The common name comes from its appearance of a rabbit due to two oral tentacles on top of the head. In a stress free environment it will spend the day foraging for aquatic vegetation like Caulerpa. If there is not enough vegetation to feed on supplementation of dried seaweed would be required. This species is highly sensitive to high nitrates as well as copper, and should have pristine water quality. Drip acclimation is highly recommended. The Blue Spotted Sea Hare releases toxins if injured or stressed which has the ability to kill livestock. We cannot be responsible for losses that could take place if this were to happen.