Attributes / Specifications
Ingredients & Guaranteed Analysis
African Side-Neck Turtles are unable to fully tuck their heads into their shell, instead tucking them in to the side. They are not a pet that is meant to be handled, but they are very active and entertaining to watch. While they are mostly aquatic, these diurnal turtles also enjoy a dry, warm place to climb out and bask under a heat light.
- Colors vary from dark brown to black and even gray or tan
- A filter is recommended to help keep the water clean
- Include an assortment of rocks, ramps, docks or other turtle accessories to provide ample space to climb on
- A garden or outdoor pond is another common habitat solution
- Turtles are social animals and can be kept together as long as you provide enough space in their habitat
- These freshwater turtles have a lifespan of over 25 years
- Days to ShipUsually Leaves Warehouse the Next Business Day
- Primary BrandPetco
Because all reptiles are potential carriers of infectious diseases, such as Salmonella, always wash your hands before and after handling your reptile and/or habitat contents to help prevent the potential spread of diseases.
|Pet Max Length||9 IN|
|Pet Activity Time||Diurnal|
African Side-Neck Turtles are unable to fully tuck their heads into their shell, instead tucking them in to the side.
African Side-Neck Turtles get their name because they are unable to fully tuck their heads into their shell and instead tuck them laterally. They can be kept in a large tank or in a garden or outdoor pond. If you are keeping your sideneck turtles indoors, help them maintain their body temperatures with supplemental heat from a heated lamp with UVB rays and the appropriate wattage. A great way to maintain a harmonious group of African sidenecks, is to provide them with ample room and decorations, so they can easily find some time alone.