Attributes / Specifications
Advantek's Urban Chicken Coop provides style and function for the new chicken owner.The coop allows 2 chickens to rest comfortably, allowing for egg production. The coop shelters chickens from the elements as well, including an insulated asphalt roof. Additional features include an easy pull out tray for cleaning, galvanized hardware to prevent rust and a great design allowing for relocation of the coop to refresh grass. Construced from durable cypress fir grown in government-controlled, sustainable forests, this shelter is lightweight and beautiful. Cypress Fir is also the ideal wood for outdoor use as the fir is naturally insect-repellent and weatherproof which makes it virtually rot-proof.
- This coop is part of Advantek's GoneGreen line of chicken coops and is a great way to safely shelter an animal from the elements. Grown in government-controlled, sustainable forests, these shelters are constructed from durable cypress fir. Not only is it a lightweight and beautiful wood, but it?s also the ideal wood for outdoor use. The fir is naturally insect-repellent and weatherproof which makes it virtually rot-proof.
- The insulating asphalt roof makes the chicken coop warm in the winter and cool in the summer. Additionally, all of the hardware used for this coop?s assembly is galvanized to prevent rust.
- Protected with a thin chicken wire mesh, and is best suited for those places protected from predators such as suburban backyards, rooftop gardens, and townhomes with limited space.
- Allows 2 chickens to rest comfortably within Advantek?s humane industry standards. These standards come from a summary of various reports and backyard chickening publications. They include having 2-3 sq. ft. per chicken for roosting and space, 1 sq. ft. on the roosting bar, a large nesting box per up to 3 chickens (although this coop does not include a nesting box), and at least 3-6 sq. ft. of running space (if not free roam). This is because chickens living in humane conditions are healthier, live longer, and produce more eggs.
- Easy to relocate and features a large, front hinged door for easy access and cleanups.
- Provides a pull-out tray for easy cleaning and maintenance, as well as a large roosting bar to encourage natural chicken behavior.
- Primary BrandAdvantek
- Days to ShipShips Next Business Day