Policies & Terms
Your use of a Petco Gift Card constitutes acceptance of these terms:
- Petco Gift Cards are redeemable in Petco and Unleashed by Petco stores nationwide and online at petco.com.
- Gift Cards purchased on petco.com do not count toward your minimum purchase requirement to earn promotional discounts.
- Gift Cards are like cash and cannot be returned. Gift Cards are not replaceable if lost, stolen or destroyed.
- Gift Cards are mailed free of charge via standard shipping separate from any merchandise. To allow for custom messages with each Gift Card, each card is sent in a separate envelope (i.e if you order five cards, you will receive five envelopes). You may also choose to expedite a shipment for an additional fee of $6.00 per card (not available to P.O. Boxes). Standard shipments of Gift Cards usually arrive in 7-10 business days. Expedited shipments of Gift Cards are shipped via FedEx Express 2-Day Delivery.
- Sales tax is not charged for Gift Cards.
- A Petco Gift Cards may be applied toward the purchase of any items on petco.com except donations, backordered items, or the purchase of another Gift Card.
- The value of the Gift Card is applied to the total purchase, including shipping and tax. Gift Cards cannot be redeemed for cash, except where redeemable by law.
- The recipient must retain the Gift Card and PIN for future use, if an unused balance remains.
- Petco is not responsible for Gift Cards that are undeliverable, delayed or not received as a result of inaccurate information, including physical address.
- Orders are subject to verification of payment information.
- Gift Cards can be purchased in Petco stores, Unleashed by Petco stores, online and other select retailers. Petco is not responsible for Gift Cards purchased through a third party with which Petco is not affiliated.
Your use of a Petco eGift Card constitutes acceptance of these terms:
- You must have the 16-digit Petco eGift Card code number and 9-digit PIN to redeem your Petco eGift Card.
- You may redeem a Petco eGift Card only if you live in the United States, U.S. Territories including Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, or any other area where petco.com ships product or has a physical location.
- A Petco eGift Card may be applied toward the purchase of any items at Petco, Unleashed, or online at petco.com excluding donations, back-ordered items, or the purchase of another eGift Card or physical Gift Card.
- Value of a Petco eGift Card is applied to the total purchase, including shipping and tax. eGift Cards cannot be redeemed for cash, except where redeemable by law.
- Any unused balance will remain on your Petco eGift Card for future use.
- If your order or purchase exceeds the amount of the Petco eGift Card(s), you must pay the balance with another form of payment.
We take reasonable steps to protect information for orders placed online with petco.com.
We use the most reputable, secure server technology (SSL) for all of our commerce transactions. Once we have collected personal data, we take reasonable steps to protect it against unauthorized access.
You don't have to place your order online. Instead, you can call our toll-free order line at 844-300-2655 and place it by phone.
Under the Fair Credit Billing Act, a bank cannot hold you liable for fraudulent charges exceeding $50.00. If a fraudulent charge resulted from the unauthorized use of your credit card while shopping with petco.com, we will cover your full liability, up to $50.00.
California Transparency in Supply Chains Act of 2010
Petco has a vendor Code of Conduct which prohibits human rights abuses in our supply chain. Practices such as human trafficking, physical abuse of workers, unsafe work environments, failure to pay adequate wages, excessive or forced overtime, illegal child labor, and many other aspects of worker welfare are addressed by the Code. Our vendors contractually agree to follow the Code.
We require international Owned Brand manufacturers to provide evidence of a social accountability audit completed by a certified third party. This third party audit includes a review of human trafficking and slavery issues. Petco verifies the documentation for these third party audits and further requires certification from the manufacturer that they comply with all laws in their own country, including those prohibiting human trafficking and slavery. In the event a manufacturer fails to comply with any of the above requirements or fails an audit, Petco promptly reviews the failure with the manufacturer to determine if compliance can be met.
If we discover a violation of our Code of Conduct for our Owned Brand manufacturers, we respond in a manner commensurate with the nature and extent of the violation. "Critical violations" are considered serious enough to require immediate corrective action and may result in the termination of the business relationship. For less serious violations, we allow the vendor reasonable time to develop and implement a plan for remediation. However, if the vendor fails to make satisfactory progress toward improvement, we will cease our business relationship with that vendor.
Our Global Sourcing team members, who manage the Owned Brand vendor relationships, participate in annual Code of Ethics training. The training highlights the importance of safe and ethical working conditions to our business and to the workers who produce the merchandise we sell. We encourage anyone who is aware of violations of the law or our Code to notify their management, our Human Resources team, Legal Department or the Petco Hotline.