Two Easy Ways to return your Petco.com purchase
1. Return to a store (It's Free!)
Your local Petco or Unleashed by Petco store will gladly accept the return of your petco.com order within 30 days of the initial shipment date. To find the store nearest you, check out our Store Locator.
Restrictions on returns: prescription medicine and pharmacy products are not eligible for returns in-store or by mail. Prescription food products cannot be returned to a store, returns on these products will only be accepted by mail.
In order to process your return in-store, please be prepared to show one of the following:
- Store Return Receipt – print at home or have ready on your smart phone when you reach the register. A link to print or view your Store Return Receipt is found in your Order History with your account. Once you've located your order, select "View Details" next to the corresponding order details to access your receipt. On the Petco App you can easily view it under the My Orders section.
- Purchase Confirmation Email – print at home or have ready on your smart phone when you reach the register.
Orders placed online using your PayPal account may be returned to any Petco or Unleashed by Petco store with proof of purchase within 30 days for a refund to the card of your choice or exchanged.
Petco reserves the right to limit returns regardless of receipt. If funds are not available at the store, a corporate check will be issued. Valid government issued identification is required for all returns and exchanges. To prevent abuse, Petco will scan your ID, and your information will be shared with our fraud protection vendors (see Petco.com/privacy-policy).
Returns without a receipt or made after 30 days are not eligible for return or exchange.
Personalized items, prescription food or pharmacy items cannot be returned to a store. Please see below for details.
2. Ship your items back
Please note that shipping charges are non-refundable. However, should you need assistance, please contact Customer Service.
Petco.com orders can also be returned by mail within 30 days to one of our warehouse/fulfillment centers. A refund for the item will be issued once it has been received.
Return to below, or the noted Return Address on your Packing Slip:
257 Prospect Plains Road, Ste. B
Cranbury, NJ 08512
At our discretion, a refund may be issued without requiring a return of the product. In these situations, please note that we do not take ownership of the refunded item.
Refunds for orders placed online using your PayPal account and returned to a petco.com warehouse will be applied back to your PayPal account.
Returning items purchased at our Petco or Unleashed by Petco stores
If you are not 100% satisfied with your purchase, you can return it within 30 days to one of our retail store locations for a full refund with proof of purchase.
Petco reserves the right to limit returns regardless of receipt. Items purchased by check will be returned as cash. If funds are not available at the store, a corporate check will be issued. Valid government issued identification is required for all returns and exchanges. To prevent abuse, Petco will scan your ID, and your information will be shared with our fraud prevention vendors (see Petco.com/privacy-policy).
Returns without a receipt or made after 30 days are not eligible for return or exchange. 30 day return terms apply to companion animal and freshwater aquatic life purchases made in store. Saltwater aquatic life cannot be returned or exchanged. Prescription returns cannot be accepted at store locations. Petco offers a 100% refund on pet services pursuant to our 100% Satisfaction Guarantee or It’s Free.
In store services (such as grooming and dog training) & the purchase of any saltwater fish are nonrefundable.
Returning prescription food products
Prescription food products cannot be returned to a Petco or Unleashed by Petco store. They must be returned to the Petco.com distribution center shown below. Please include the original packing slip.
257 Prospect Plains Road, Ste. B
Cranbury, NJ 08512
A refund for the returned item will be issued once it has been received.
Refunds for orders placed online using your PayPal account will be applied back to your PayPal account.
Returning prescription medicine and pharmacy products
You cannot return prescription items in-store or by mail. If there is an issue with your prescription order, please call Customer Service at 1-877-738-6742. Refunds may be issued for incorrect or damaged medication and the items should be disposed of properly.
Your veterinary clinic can help you determine the best way to dispose of medications in your area. Our veterinary hospitals within select Petcos will accept unused medications and dispose of them properly for you. More information on proper disposal of unused medicines can be found on the FDA website.
Returning live aquatics
Petco takes great care to ensure that the Live Fish, Invertebrates & Plants you order arrive safely and in healthy condition. All Aquatic Life purchased on Petco.com are guaranteed to stay alive for 7 days from the day they arrive at your home or we will gladly refund your money back to the original form on payment.
Freshwater fish purchased in our Pet Care Centers can be returned with a receipt within 30 days for a full refund to original form of tender.
Returns or refunds cannot be offered on Live Fish, Invertebrates & Plants that you decide you do not want. Please ensure the items you order are what you want before finalizing the order.
If you experience a loss of your marine fish, freshwater fish, invertebrates, or live plants that was purchased online at petco.com within 7 days of delivery please contact Customer Service at 1-877-738-6742.
- You must contact Customer Service within the required time frame as stated above. No refund can be offered if contact is not made within these time frames.
- You must email the Customer Service team a photograph of your specimen as proof of loss.
- Please do not mail any specimens back to Petco.
- Live Fish, Invertebrates & Plants refunds may only be given by contacting Customer Service and cannot be given at any Petco store location. Live Fish, Invertebrates, & Plants CANNOT be returned to any Petco or Unleashed by Petco stores.
- Please have your order number available when contacting Customer Service.
Returning Cali Vinyl Pet Flooring
- Returns for sales orders over 60 days old cannot be accepted.
- Original cartons must be unopened or in 100% resalable condition.
- A 25% re-stocking fee is applied for all returns.
- Returns must be packaged and palletized carefully for transit.
- Photos of packaged return materials must be provided in advance.
- All items must be returned with a printed copy of Cali Bamboo's Return Authorization form included in the packing slip.
- For flooring, a five box minimum is required for any return
- For transitions, a five piece minimum is required for any return
- If your request meets the above criteria, submit your return request to Cali's Petco Support Team at: (888)788-2254.
- Once the return has been reviewed, approved and accepted, return instructions will be provided. All return shipments are arranged by Cali Vinyl.
At Petco, we are committed to making sure you are satisfied with our services. That's why we have our Head to Tail or It's Free Guarantee! It's that simple.