The Pencil Urchin has no problems being housed with more aggressive fish. Pencil Urchin are great at controlling algae but can also be destructive to corals.
- If we need to contact you for any reason about your order, shipping of your package may be affected. Once your order is placed, you will receive a confirmation email with your order summary. Orders are subject to verification of payment information by phone or email. We ship for arrival to the customer Tuesday through Friday and Saturday for an extra charge where available
- For feeding instructions, please click on the "directions" section.
- Approximate selling size: 1.5-3.5"
- For additional information, please click on the "attributes/specifications" section.
- Known as the Mine Urchin
- Excellent controller of nuisance algae
- Best to drip acclimate
ThePencil Urchin. This urchin has no problems being housed with more aggressive fish. Pencil Urchin are great at controlling algae but can also be destructive to corals. Drip acclimation is highly recommended. This species is intolerant of copper as well as high levels of nitrates