Neon Tetras are generally quiet and non-aggressive. These brightly colored fish add movement and color to any aquarium. As a schooling fish it does best when housed in groups of five or more. Minimum tank size: 10 gallons
- For feeding instructions, please click on the "directions" section.
- Approximate selling size: 0.75-1.25"
- For additional information, please click on the "attributes/specifications" section.
- Not recommended for new tanks
- Does best in schools of five or more
- Needs plenty of hiding places
- If we need to contact you for any reason about your order, shipping of your package may be affected. Once your order is placed, you will receive a confirmation email with your order summary. Orders are subject to verification of payment information by phone or email. We ship for arrival to the customer Tuesday through Friday and Saturday for an extra charge where available
TheNeon Tetra is a shimmering blue with a blazing red tail. Although not recommended for new tanks, these fish are splendid additions to any community tank. As a schooling fish it does best when housed in groups of five or more of the same species in a tank with several hiding spots. Often confused with the Cardinal Tetra, theNeon Tetra has a red stripe that ends halfway from the nose of the fish, where the Cardinal has a longer red stripe. Slow acclimation is highly recommended for these fish as they are sensitive to changes in their water quality.