The Female Veiltail Betta is also known as a Siamese Fighting Fish. Known best for their beautiful fins and color. Bettas can breathe from their labyrinth organ which enables the fish to breathe from the surface. Minimum tank size: 1/4 gallon
- For feeding instructions, please click on the "directions" section.
- Approximate selling size: 1.5-2"
- For additional information, please click on the "attributes/specifications" section.
- Attractive tail shape, similar to a wedding veil
- Female Bettas have short, but colorful fins
- Female bettas tend to have longer, rounder bodies than male bettas
- If we need to contact you for any reason about your order, shipping of your package may be affected. Once your order is placed, you will receive a confirmation email with your order summary. Orders are subject to verification of payment information by phone or email. We ship for arrival to the customer Tuesday through Friday and Saturday for an extra charge where available
Also known as Siamese Fighting Fish, Combattant (Canada), Trey kroem phloek (Cambodia), or Cá lia thia (Vietnam). Bettas are anabantids (Derived from the Greek Verb anabaino, meaning "to go up") which physiologically means they have two methods of breathing. Bettas breathe from their labyrinth organ which enables the fish to breathe from the surface. Bettas also breathe through their gills like other fish. TheFemale Veiltail Betta has finnage that is closest to the original form of bettas being short finned. However, genetically, they do carry the dominant gene to have off spring to have the Veiltail attribute.Female Veiltail Bettas are best housed with other female Bettas and other peaceful species in a tank with plants and very little current.