Zoo Med Premium Repti Bark is a 100% natural product made from the ground bark of fir trees. It goes through a three-stage cleaning process to rid the bark of large sticks and all dust and dirt. The smaller size prevents crickets from hiding in substrate.
Perfect substrate for all high humidity loving reptiles. Hygroscopic--absorbs moisture and then releases it, creating humidity. Not heat treated--allowing bark to absorb and retain moisture more rapidly. Adds environmental stimulus through natural digging and burrowing activity.
Use Zoo Med's Repti Bark for the following reptiles and amphibians: green iguanas, anoles (american chameleons), gold skinks, day geckos, tokay geckos, prehensile tail skinks, tree frogs, baslisk lizards, house geckos, water dragons, tree boas, tarantulas, millipedes, hermit crabs, asian land box turtles, and american box turtles.
Directions For Use: Empty contents of Zoo Med's Repti Bark into your terrarium. Spread bark over the entire bottom of terrarium for a minimum of one inch depth. When used in heated terrariums, Repti Bark will create humidity which is beneficial to your reptile's health.
Use the following examples to increase humidity in your terrarium:
Cleaning: Spot clean bark as needed (daily or weekly). Thoroughly clean bark if you smell an odor (such as ammonia) or every two to three months. To clean, remove Repti Bark and soak in a bucket of hot water with an added 5% solution of Zoo Med's Wipe Out 2 Cage Furniture Cleaner. After 15 minutes, pour water out and fill bucket again with water only. Swish bark in bucket with your hand to rinse, and dump water out. Allow bark to partially dry out (about 85% dry), leaving a small amount of moisture (15% or less). Return bark to terrarium. Replace Repti Bark every six months or as needed.
Important: Repti Bark is a completely natural substrate and may be safely ingested by many reptiles, however as with most loose substrates, ingestion is not recommended. Carefully monitored feeding or removing animal from terrarium for feeding is recommended. Feed messy eaters like box turtles or large green iguanas in a separate enclosure. It is natural for your pet to examine and smell a new bedding, however, intentionally eating bark is a sign of a fiber, vitamin, or mineral deficiency.
Made in USA.
Internet Price: $8.99 - $23.99 Today's Price: $6.74 - $16.86 (Save up to 30%)
Shop All Products By Zoo Med
Usually Leaves Warehouse the Next Business Day
Here's How it Works:
*Valid on Repeat Delivery eligible products, products subject to change.
$6.74 to $17.24
$3.74 to $17.24
$5.24 to $16.49
$8.24 to $15.90