Perfect substrate for all high humidity loving reptiles. Hygroscopic--absorbs moisture and then releases it, creating humidity. Not heat treated--allowing bark to absorb and retain moisture more rapidly.
Adds environmental stimulus through natural digging and burrowing activity.
Use Zoo Med's Repti Bark for the following reptiles and amphibians: green iguanas, anoles (american chameleons), gold skinks, day geckos, tokay geckos, prehensile tail skinks, tree frogs, baslisk lizards, house geckos, water dragons, tree boas, tarantulas, millipedes, hermit crabs, asian land box turtles, and american box turtles.
Use the following examples to increase humidity in your terrarium:
1. Add a water dish for your animals.
2. Periodically mist Repti Bark with water.
3. Add live plants to your terrarium making sure you bury the pots in the Repti Bark. As you water your plants, you will help in adding additional humidity to the terrarium.
Cleaning: Spot clean bark as needed (daily or weekly). Thoroughly clean bark if you smell an odor (such as ammonia) or every two to three months. To clean, remove Repti Bark and soak in a bucket of hot water with an added 5% solution of Zoo Med's Wipe Out 2 Cage Furniture Cleaner. After 15 minutes, pour water out and fill bucket again with water only. Swish bark in bucket with your hand to rinse, and dump water out. Allow bark to partially dry out (about 85% dry), leaving a small amount of moisture (15% or less). Return bark to terrarium. Replace Repti Bark every six months or as needed.
Important: Repti Bark is a completely natural substrate and may be safely ingested by many reptiles, however as with most loose substrates, ingestion is not recommended. Carefully monitored feeding or removing animal from terrarium for feeding is recommended. Feed messy eaters like box turtles or large green iguanas in a separate enclosure. It is natural for your pet to examine and smell a new bedding, however, intentionally eating bark is a sign of a fiber, vitamin, or mineral deficiency.
Internet Price: $8.99
Shop All Products By Zoo Med
Usually Leaves Warehouse the Next Business Day
With Repeat Delivery, have your favorite pet food and supplies automatically delivered right to your door. No more last minute trips to the store! Best of all, if your items are on sale at the time of your scheduled delivery, you'll automatically receive our guaranteed lowest price!
All of the products your pet needs on a regular basis are available. Choose from food, flea & tick products, medications, vitamins, supplements and much more for all pets.
To sign up:
1. Browse to the product page of the items you wish to add to your Repeat Delivery. Anytime you see this button on a product page, items on the page are available for your Repeat Delivery.
2. Select the quantity of each item you wish to add and click the button.
3. On the next page, name your Repeat Delivery and choose the delivery frequency. You can choose to start your Repeat Delivery shipments immediately, or select a date up to 30 days in advance.
When you sign up for Repeat Delivery, you can select a delivery schedule for your Repeat Delivery - from one to twelve weeks. You can also choose to have your order shipped immediately or shipped at a future date. Your settings will be saved. We'll even send you an email to remind you when your delivery is on its way.
$9.99 to $12.99
$8.99 to $22.49
$16.99 to $19.99
$4.99 to $22.99
$18.99 to $37.99
$6.99 to $21.99