Penn Plax Cascade Canister Filters-Find these Aquarium Filters and Other Fish Tank Filters at petco.com!
Penn Plax Cascade Canister Filters are heavy-duty external filtration systems that deliver powerful mechanical, chemical, and biological filtration, which produces crystal clear water in both fresh and marine aquariums. The floss pad removes fine particulate matter, while the activated carbon media removes toxins and impurities from the water, leaving a cleaner and healthier environment for your fish and other aquatic life. The coarse sponge makes for an abundant surface area for proper biological filtration by promoting bacterial growth to effectively remove waste, excess food and harmful ammonia and nitrates. Meanwhile, this durable aquarium filter is equipped with quick-disconnect tubing connectors that can also be utilized to control the filter's flow rate. To ensure a secure and water-tight fit, this dynamic fish tank filter utilizes four locking clamps along with a motorhead equipped with an integrated O-ring.
Filter media is included free with each canister filter.
Crystal Clear Water for Fresh and Marine Aquariums: The Cascade Advantage
- Quick and easy to start with a push-button self-primer
- Alignment clamps lift easily to release vacuum suction
- Two independent directional 360° rotating valve clamps
- Sturdy tip-proof base (permanently mounted rubber feet)
- Flow rate control cut-off valves
- Extra-large capacity stackable filter medium containers with lift-up handles
- Swimming pool-style hose clamps
- Spray bar and jet nozzle outlet included
Includes easy to follow, illustrated assembly and operating instructions.
Important Safety Instructions
Warning: To guard against injury, basic safety precautions should be observed, including the following:
- Read and follow all safety instructions.
- Danger. To avoid possible electric shock, special care should be taken since water is employed in the use of aquarium equipment. For each of the following situations, do not attempt repairs by yourself, return the appliance to an authorized service facility for service or discard the appliance:
- If the appliance falls into the water, don't reach for it. First unplug it and then retrieve it. If electrical components of the appliance get wet, unplug the appliance immediately (non-immersible equipment only).
- If the appliance shows any sign of abnormal water leakage, immediately unplug it from the power source (immersible equipment only).
- Carefully examine the appliance after installation. It should not be plugged in if there is water on parts not intended to be wet.
- Do not operate any appliance if it has a damaged cord or plug, or if it is malfunctioning or has been dropped or damaged in any manner.
- To avoid the possibility of the appliance plug or receptacle getting wet, position aquarium stand and tank to one side of a wall-mounted receptacle to prevent water from dripping onto the receptacle or plug. A drip loop should be arranged by the user for each cord connecting an aquarium appliance to a receptacle. The drip loop is that part of the cord below the level of the receptacle, or the connector if an extension cord is used, to prevent water traveling along the cord and coming in contact with the receptacle. If the plug or receptacle does get wet, don't unplug the cord. Disconnect the fuse or circuit breaker that supplied power to the appliance. Then, unplug and examine for presence of water in the receptacle.
- Close supervision is necessary when any appliance is used by or near children.
- To avoid injury, do not contact moving parts or hot parts such as heaters, reflectors, lamp bulbs, and the like.
- Always unplug an appliance from an outlet when not in use, before pulling on or taking off parts, and before cleaning. Never yank cord to pull plug from outlet. Grasp the plug and pull to disconnect.
- Do not use an appliance for other than the intended use. The use of attachments not recommended or sold by the appliance manufacturer may cause an unsafe condition.
- Do not install or store the appliance where it will be exposed to the weather or to temperatures below freezing.
- Make sure an appliance mounted on a tank is securely installed before operating it.
- Read and observe all the importance notices on the appliance.
- If an extension cord is necessary, a cord with proper rating should be used. A cord rated for less amperes or watts than the appliance rating may overheat. Care should be taken to arrange the cord so that it will not be tripped over or pulled.
Read and observe all manufacturer warnings, precautions, instructions, directions, and notices for safety and operation included with and on product.
Made in China.
Manufacturer's Three Year Warranty
- Read these terms carefully.
- Retain the sheet with your sales slip.
- Please do not return this product to your dealer.
- If service is necessary, complete form at bottom, enclose it with your sales slip and pump along with proper payment for shipping and handling and mail to:
720 Stewart Avenue
Garden City, NY 11530
- This product is warranted under normal usage against defective material and workmanship for a period of three years from date of purchase. Repairs and replacements will be made at the manufacturer's discretion, free of any charge for parts and or labor.
- For repair service, carefully pack the filter and send it postage paid directly to Penn-Plax together with the completed form on the bottom. Each product must be accompanied by sales slip showing date of purchase. Since no repairs will be made under this warranty without a sales slip, the purchaser should retain and store it in a safe place together with these instructions.
- This warranty will not apply to any product which has been subject to misuse or negligence.
- Penn-Plax assumes no liability with respect to loss or damage to livestock or personal property, irrespective of the cause thereof. The warranty is in lieu of all warranties, expressed or implied, including the implied warranty of merchantability. Neither the seller nor manufacturer shall be liable for any loss or damage, consequential or direct, arising from the use or inability to use this product. Defects resulting from misuse, abuse, or accident are expressly excluded from coverage under this warranty. Some states do not allow limitation on how long an implied warranty lasts or do not allow any exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the limitations may not apply to you.