Keep cats out of your garden, yard, or almost anywhere you don't want them to be.
Ultrasonic deterrent with built-in motion sensor detects an animal entering the protected area and emits a piercing, high decibel alarm which startles the cat and frightens it away. Since the sound is ultrasonic you, and your neighbors, cannot hear it.
Operates up to six months on one 9 volt alkaline battery (not included).
Protects up to 330 square feet.
Simple to install with no controls or adjustments. Simply install the battery and position in your yard.
How It Works
- Internal sensors detect the warm body of the cat as is enters into the CatStop's field of view.
- The unit triggers a three second ultrasonic burst of sound.
- A red light indicates that the CatStop unit has been triggered.
Why It Works
- Unlike many pest deterrents that operate continuously, the CatStop unit waits for the animal to come into its range before activating, thereby creating a more startling effect.
- Powerful burst of ultrasonic sound startles the cat.
- The cat equates the location with the unpleasant occurrence.
- The cat avoids the location in the future.
Installing Battery or Power Adapter
- Remove the battery door.
- Install a fresh 9 volt alkaline battery (not included).
- Close the battery door.
Power Adaptor (not included, must be purchased separately):
- Plug AC Adaptor into an outlet.
- Plug power jack into the CatStop unit.
Wait 40 seconds, the CatStop is now ready to protect.
The red light stays on for three seconds indicating that the unit has been triggered.
Replace battery when the red light does not come on.
Warning: Do not press on lens.
Using Mounting Stakes
- Push the stake into the ground.
- Attach the CatStop unit to the mounting stake.
- Use the extension stake if more height is needed; snap together to lock.
- Twist and pull apart stakes to unlock.
- Maximum mounting height is 12".
- Use the template provided to locate position of screw holes.
- Drive in screws (provided) leaving a 1/4" gap.
- Line up screw heads with key holes.
- Hang the CatStop unit using the keyholes on the back of the unit.
- IR viewing angle = 80°, two horizontal vertical angles 0 and 10°.
- Detection range is up to 20 feet.
- Area of protection is 330 square feet.
- Battery life = six months
- IR sensor warm up time = 40 seconds
- Power supply = 9 volt battery (alkaline only) or 9 V/DC.
- Output SPL at one foot = 124 dB
- Red LED for showing when the unit is activated.
- Unit on time when activated = 3 seconds
- Output frequency: sweeping from 21 - 25 kHz
- Fully water resistant
Cautions: Do not point towards anyone's ear. Do not press against the lens.
Note: Some white cats, older cats, and exotic breeds are, by nature, hard of hearing in the upper hearing range and may not be affected.