Creating a beautiful, thriving first saltwater aquarium has never been easier, using the natural, simplified methods learned and practiced by the world's leading reef hobbyists. By helping newcomers avoid the pitfalls of outdated, high-maintenance filtration techniques, Michael Paletta offers an easy-to-follow route to long-term success with live rock, appropriate equipment, aquascaping, disease prevention, and essential husbandry techniques. Includes a photographic guide to selecting fishes, with dozens of hardy choices that are highly recommended for beginning hobbyists or others wanting beautiful, interesting, and long-lived marine species.
- How to avoid the classic saltwater setup mistakes
- Planning cheklists and no-nonsense equipment choices
- Low-maintenance, high-success filtration using live rock
- Illustrated, step-by-step startup and aquascaping techniques
- A photographic guide to the best, hardiest fish species for beginners