When using an electrical appliance, basic precautions should always be followed, including the following. Read all instructions before using this appliance.
Danger: To reduce the risk of death or injury by electric shock:
Warning: To reduce the risk of burns, fire, electric shock, or injury to person:
- An appliance should never be left unattended when plugged in.
- Do not reach for appliance that has fallen into water. Unplug it immediately.
- Do not use while bathing or in a shower.
- Do not place or store appliance where it can fall or be pulled into tub or sink. Do not place or drop into water or other liquid.
- Always unplug this appliance from electrical outlet immediately after using.
- Unplug this appliance before cleaning.
Save The Instructions
- Close supervision is necessary when this appliance is used by or near children or invalids.
- Use this appliance only for its intended use as described in the manual. Do not use attachments other than those recommended by the manufacturer.
- Never operate this appliance if it has a damaged cord or plug, if it is not working properly, if it has been dropped or damaged, or dropped into water. Return the appliance to a Service Center for examination and repair.
- Keep the cord away from heated surfaces.
- Never operate this appliance with the air openings blocked or while on a soft surface, such as a bed or couch, where the air openings may be blocked. Keep the air opening free of lint, hair, and the like.
- Never drop or insert any object into any opening.
- Do not use outdoors or operate where aerosol (spray) products are being used, where oxygen is being administered or near flammable liquids, such as certain flammable blade lubricants or cleaning agents.
- Do not use this appliance with a damaged or broken comb or blade set, as injury may occur.
- Do not place or leave appliance where it may be damaged by an animal or exposed to weather.
- To disconnect, turn all controls to off then remove plug from outlet.
This clipper was designed for commercial use.
Facts About Blades and Oiling
- Blades not only become dull from cutting hair--they are dulled by the abrasive particles on the hair, dirt, sand, etc.
- Blades will not cut if abrasive particles are picked up and carried by the oil film between the blades. These particles tend to hold the blades apart and cause chewing and pulling instead of clean cutting.
- Oiling the blades performs two distinct functions:
- Provides a low friction, very thin lubricant film between the cutting blades so that they can take a full cutting stroke without becoming hot from friction.
- Flushes abrasive particles and hair out from between the blades.
Note: If you cut into dirt, immediately wash with oil to flush it out.
Wahl strongly recommends Wahl H-42 as a cleaner and a lubricant.
Servicing Of A Double-Insulated Appliance
In a double-insulated appliance, two systems of insulation are provided instead of grounding. No grounding means is provided on a double-insulated appliance, nor should a means for grounding be added. Servicing a double-insulated appliance requires extreme care and knowledge of the system, and should be done only by qualified service personnel. Replacement parts must be identical to those parts being replaced. A double-insulated appliance is marked with the words "double insulated". The symbol for double-insulated products may also be marked on the appliance.
Cleaning and General Care
- Before cleaning/maintenance, switch the equipment off and remove the main plug from the socket.
- Never immerse the unit in water.
- Each time after use remove any hairs from the cutting blade using the cleaning brush.
- Clean the body of the clipper with a soft, damp cloth. Never use solvents or scouring agents.
- The cutting head should be cleaned and oiled frequently with Wahl H-42 in order to maintain its good cutting performance and thus ensure a long service life.
- The cutting head should be replaced if the cutting performance is reduced after extended use despite regular cleaning and lubrication.
- During use always be sure the cord is not twisted or running over any sharp objects that might cut the cord insulation.
If your clipper has a polarized plug: To reduce the risk of electric shock, this appliance has a polarized plug (one blade is wider than the other). This plug fits in a polarized outlet only one way. In the event the plug does not fit fully in the outlet, reverse the plug. In the event it still does not fit, contact a qualified electrician to install the proper outlet. Do not change the plug in any way.
Cleaning The Air Filter
- Clean the air filter once a week or more often if necessary.
- Remove filter cover and clean air filter with cleaning brush.
- Snap the filter cover onto the clipper until it click locks into place.
Changing The Cutting Head (Blade)
The cutting head can be removed by pressing the gray button under the blade and pushing the blade away from the housing. The clipper should be switched off before removing blades.
To Refit the Blade Set the clipper should be turned on and running.
Fit the blade into the metal guide and press it into place. There will be a definite click when the blade is snapped in place.
Read and follow all instructions, precautions, and warnings on product, including clipper oil and accessories.
Manufacturer's Limited One Year Warranty: If your Wahl Product fails to operate satisfactorily within one year from the date of original purchase or receipt as a gift, Wahl will at their option repair or replace it and return it to you free of charge. The warranty does not cover blades, brushes, or other wear out parts. Please mail your product prepaid to Wahl Clipper Corporation, Sterling, Illinois 61081 Attention: Repair Department with a note describing the defect and the date of original purchase or receipt as gift (if in warranty). Products out of warranty will be repaired at the standard repair charges.
This warranty is void and no repair or replacement will be made under this warranty or otherwise if:
- The product is modified in any manner.
- The product is repaired by anyone other than Wahl Clipper Corporation.
- The product has been subject to unreasonable use.
This warranty gives you specific legal rights and you may also have other rights which may vary from state to state. No other written express warranty is given. Any implied warranty, including any warranty of merchantability, which may arise from purchase or use, is limited to the one year period in this express warranty. Some states may not allow such limitation, so it may not apply to you. No responsibility is assumed for incidental or consequential damages of any type, or the use of unauthorized attachments. Some states may not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the limitation or exclusion may not apply to you. Warranty valid in the United States.