Wahl U-Clip Pet Clipper Kit
Professional quality kit features specially designed, electro-magnetic motor clipper that delivers increased power and cutting action, making it great for light duty clipping and trimming.
Ideal for clean-ups between regular grooming trips.
Grooming Kit includes:
- powerful, silent, motor clipper with adjustable taper control
- blade guard
- cleaning brush
- clipper oil
- two attachment guide combs: 1/8" and 1/4"
- instruction book and grooming guide.
Thumb-adjustable taper control adjusts blades to sizes #30-#15-#10 with a simple flip of the lever.
High carbon steel blades are precision ground to stay sharper longer.
Read and follow all instructions and safeguards that are included with this product.
Facts About Blades and Cutting
- Blades are the single most important part of this clipper.
- Blades not only become dull from cutting hair, they are quickly dulled by the abrasive particles on the hair--dirt, sand, etc.
- Blades will not cut if abrasive particles are picked up and carried by the oil film between the blades. These particles tend to hold the blades apart and cause chewing and pulling instead of clean cutting.
- Oiling the blades performs two distinct functions:
- Provides a low friction, very thin lubricant film between the cutting blades so that they can take a full cutting stroke without becoming hot from frictional heat.
- Flushes abrasive particles and hair out from between the blades.
Note: If you cut into dirt, immediately oil the blades to flush it out.
Electro-Magnetic Motor Clippers: Blades operate at very high speed with relatively little blade cutting bias--therefore, it is mandatory that blades be kept clean and well oiled.
How To Operate Your Wahl Clipper
By following these simple steps, your Wahl Clipper will provide years of satisfactory service.
- Do not attempt to operate this clipper before oiling blades. Place a few drops of oil between the blades. Do not use heavy oil, grease, or any oil mixed with kerosene or any solvent, as the solvent will evaporate and leave a thick gummy oil to slow down the efficiency of the clipper. Use only Wahl Clipper Oil.
- On this Electro-Magnetic Motor Pet Clipper, it may be necessary to adjust the Power Screw to compensate for variances in line voltage. The Power Screw is located near the middle of the clipper on the right hand side. To adjust power or stroke, turn the Power Screw clockwise until clipper makes a noise caused by the arm hitting the coil. Then gradually turn screw counterclockwise until the clipper runs quietly.
- Do not try to sharpen the clipper blades. Once they have become dull, special equipment is needed to sharpen these blades. Never wash the blades in water. When the blades do not cut, they may need oiling or resharpening. If you determine the blades need resharpening, you can return them to Wahl Clipper Corp. For resharpening. If you decide to do so, remove the blades from the clipper, pack each blade individually in soft wrapping paper, enclose both blades in a durable container and send to Wahl Clipper Corp, 2902 Locust Street, Sterling, Illinois 61081, Attn: Repair Department. Include check or money order for $4.00 per blade set, plus $2.95 shipping and handling. Visa or Mastercard is also accepted (include account number, expiration date, and phone number).
- To remove cutting blades for sharpening or replacement, loosen and remove two screws on bottom blade. Replace same and retighten.
Instructions for Aligning Blades on Wahl Electro-Magnetic Motor Clippers
Bottom blade holes are larger than shanks of blade screws. When blade screws are loosened, the bottom blade can be aligned with the top blade. Tighten the screws securely after the blade has been aligned.
- End of top blade teeth should be 1/32" to 1/16" back from bottom blade. Most Wahl animal clipper blade sets allow for variations in clipping length, dependent upon blade alignment. With the end of top blade teeth 1/32" back from the bottom blade, your clipper will cut at a #30 setting, leaving the hair 1/32" long. With the end of top blade teeth set 1/16" back, your clipper will cut at a #10 setting, leaving hair 1/8" long. The closer the gap between top and bottom blade-teeth, the closer the cut.
- Extreme left hand tooth of top blade must be covered or be to the left of the first small tooth of bottom blade.
- Extreme right hand tooth of top blade must be touching the big tooth on the bottom blade.
Care & Service
- Use only the specified electric power source shown on the rating plate.
- The cutting blades furnished with Wahl Pet Clippers are made of a special high carbon steel scientifically heat-treated for correct hardness. Years of experience have created a special process for grinding these blades to superior sharpness.
- Clipper blades should be oiled before, during, and after clipping; most clipper problems are due to a lack of oil to lubricate and cool. Always use Wahl Clipper Oil. Use of any other lubricant may damage your clipper or slow down the cutting action. Do not cut wet hair.
- Be careful not to drop the clipper or to nick the blades.
- Always replace the blade guard when the clipper is not in use. This will prevent accidental damage and blade dulling.
- Periodically flood the teeth of the blades with Wahl Clipper Oil (with clipper running) to flush out dirt and hair.
- Run the clipper through the hair only as fast as it is able to completely cut. Operating it too fast wedges hair clippings between the blades and they become unable to cut properly.
- Keep your clipper blades sharp. Clip only clean animals; dirt and foreign particles are the major cause of all dull blades.
- Sharp clipper blades cut better and faster. For genuine factory blade sharpening, remove and return the blades to Wahl Clipper Corporation, 2900 N. Locust Street, Sterling, IL 61081 Attn: Repair Department. Blades will be resharpened for a nominal charge.
Manufacturer's Limited One Year Warranty: If your Wahl Product fails to operate satisfactorily within one year from the date of original purchase or receipt as a gift, Wahl will at their option repair or replace it and return it to you free of charge. The warranty does not cover blades, brushes, or other wear out parts. Please mail your product prepaid to Wahl Clipper Corporation, Sterling, Illinois 61081 Attention: Repair Department with a note describing the defect and the date of original purchase or receipt as gift (if in warranty). Products out of warranty will be repaired at the standard repair charges.
This warranty is void and no repair or replacement will be made under this warranty or otherwise if:
- The product is modified in any manner.
- The product is repaired by anyone other than Wahl Clipper Corporation.
- The product has been subject to unreasonable use.
This warranty gives you specific legal rights and you may also have other rights which may vary from state to state. No other written express warranty is given. Any implied warranty, including any warranty of merchantability, which may arise from purchase or use, is limited to the one year period in this express warranty. Some states may not allow such limitation, so it may not apply to you. No responsibility is assumed for incidental or consequential damages of any type, or the use of unauthorized attachments. Some states may not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the limitation or exclusion may not apply to you. Warranty valid in the United States.