When using an electrical appliance, basic precautions should always be followed, including the following. Read all instructions before using this appliance.
Danger: To reduce the risk of death or injury by electric shock:
Warning: To reduce the risk of burns, fire, electric shock, or injury to person:
- Do not reach for appliance that has fallen into water. Unplug it immediately.
- Do not use while bathing or in a shower.
- Do not place or store appliance where it can fall or be pulled into tub or sink. Do not place or drop into water or other liquid.
- Except when charging, always unplug this appliance from electrical outlet immediately after using.
- Unplug this appliance before cleaning.
Save The Instructions
- Close supervision is necessary when this appliance is used by or near children or invalids.
- Use this appliance only for its intended use as described in the manual. Do not use attachments other than those recommended by the manufacturer.
- Never operate this appliance if it has a damaged cord or plug, if it is not working properly, if it has been dropped or damaged, or dropped into water. Return the appliance to a Service Center for examination and repair.
- Keep the cord away from heated surfaces.
- Never operate this appliance with the air openings blocked or while on a soft surface, such as a bed or couch, where the air openings may be blocked. Keep the air openings free of lint, hair, and the like.
- Never drop or insert any object into any opening.
- Do not use outdoors or operate where aerosol (spray) products are being used, where oxygen is being administered or near flammable liquids, such as certain flammable blade lubricants or cleaning agents.
- Do not use this appliance with a damaged or broken comb or blade set, as injury may occur.
- Do not place or leave appliance where it may be damaged by an animal or exposed to weather.
- To disconnect, turn all controls to off, then remove plug from outlet.
This clipper was designed for commercial use.
This product uses a nickel-cadmium (Ni-Cad) battery, which must be disposed of properly. In some states it is illegal to dispose of this battery in the trash. Call 1-800-8BATTERY (1-800-822-8837) for your nearest Ni-Cad recycling site.
Instructions Concerning the Disposal of Used Battery Packs
- Remove the cutting head and unscrew the screws of the casing.
- Pull the two parts of the casing apart.
- Remove the battery from the circuit board.
- Dispose of the removed Ni-Cad battery according to national or local regulations.
Facts About Blades and Oiling
- Blades not only become dull from cutting hair, they are dulled by the abrasive particles on the hair, dirt, sand, etc.
- Blades will not cut if abrasive particles are picked-up and carried by the oil film between the blades. These particles tend to hold the blades apart and cause chewing and pulling instead of clean cutting.
- Oiling the blades performs two distinct functions:
- Provides a low friction, very thin lubricant film between the cutting blades so that they can take a full cutting stroke without becoming hot from friction.
- Flushes abrasive particles and hair out from between the blades.
Note: If you cut into dirt, immediately wash with Wahl H-42 or oil to flush it out.
Wahl strongly recommends Wahl H-42 as a cleaner and a lubricant.
Connect the cord to the clipper before plugging it into the outlet. Switch on the unit with the slide switch and switch off again after use. Note: If the device does not function when connected to the outlet with a fully discharged battery, switch off the device and allow to charge for five minutes. Then switch back on again and operate as corded.
Battery Pack Operation
First insert the plug-in transformer to the clipper and then connect it to the outlet. The clipper has to be charged with its switch set to "0". During the charging process, the red signal light will light up to indicate that charging is in progress. The battery only needs to be recharged when there is a noticeable reduction in the power of the hair clipper but the unit can be left on charge without the risk of the battery being damaged through overcharging. With a fully charged battery the hair clipper can be used for about 45 minutes without connection to an outlet.
Put the attachment comb you need onto the blade by attaching it on the sides of the clipper. The following cutting lengths are possible:
- attachment comb 1: 3 mm and 6 mm
- attachment comb 2: 9 mm and 12 mm
The cutting lengths can be read at the attachment comb. One attachment comb can be used for two different cutting lengths. To use the second cutting length, remove the attachment comb, turn it around and reaffix it to the clipper. The advantage of these attachment combs is that independent of the angle in which you use the hair clipper, the cutting lengths always remain the same.
Cleaning and General Care
- Never immerse the unit in water.
- Remove the clip-on comb attachment each time after use and remove any hairs from the cutting blade using the cleaning brush. Take off the cutting head and press the cleaning lever. Hairs attached between the clip-on comb and the cutting blades can be removed.
- Clean the body of the unit with a soft, damp cloth. Never use solvents or scouring agents.
- The cutting head should be cleaned and oiled frequently with Wahl H-42 in order to maintain its good cutting performance and thus ensure a long service life.
- The cutting head should be replaced if the cutting performance is reduced after extended use, despite regular cleaning and lubrication.
- After use and cleaning, the clip-on comb should be replaced on the unit to protect the blade.
- During use, always be sure the cord is not twisted or running over any sharp objects that might cut the cord insulation.
- Except for the blade set, this product contains no user serviceable parts.
Changing the Cutting Head (Blade)
The cutting head can be removed by pushing it away from the housing in the direction of the arrow. The machine must be switched off beforehand. To refit the blade set, fit it into its holding and press it onto the clipper, until it clicks into place.
Read and follow all instructions, precautions, and warnings on product, including clipper oil and accessories.