Installation and Operating Instructions
- Holding gate with locking bar (notched side up) towards you and away from the child, slide gate apart so the bumpers are touching the sides of the opening. You may have to lift locking pin to clear notches.
- Lift the locking bar up and insert the locking pin into the desired slot and push down on locking bar. This should put pressure on the four bumpers holding the gate in place. If it is still loose in the opening, move the locking pin to the next slot until you get a good solid fit in the opening. Do not force the locking bar down. This could put so much pressure on the bar that it could do damage to your opening, the gate, or both. The locking bar will have a slight bow. However, if the bow is large, ease off one slot, making sure it still has a good solid hold in the opening.
- Slide the locking clip over the end of the locking bar to lock the bars in place.
- To open the gate, slide the locking clip off the top bar and pull up on the locking bar; the memory lock feature will hold the locking pin in the slot for use again in the same opening. If you put the gate in a new opening, you will have to readjust the locking pin.
Warning: If this gate is to be used with children.
- To prevent serious injury or death, securely install gate and use according to manufacturer's instructions.
- Never use with a child able to climb over or dislodge/open the gate. This product will not necessarily prevent all accidents.
- Never leave child unattended.
- Use only with the locking/latching mechanism securely engaged on side away from child.
- This product intended for use with children from six to 24 months of age.
- Do not attempt to use this gate in temperatures less than 40°F or damage may result.
- Stop using gate if any parts are missing or become damaged.
- Periodically check all fasteners to be sure they are tight and secure.
- To prevent falls, never use at top of stairs.
Made in USA.
All North States products are guaranteed to perform to your satisfaction. If you have any questions, concerns, or need replacement parts please contact us directly at (800) 848-8421. You can also e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our website at www.northstatesind.com”.