Safety Precautions & Directions
WarningsRead and follow these Safety Precautions below before using Flexi Leash. Failure to follow these Safety Precautions can result in serious injury.
- The Flexi leash is for use by responsible adults only. Keep out of reach of children. Flexi leash is not a toy.
- The intended use of the Flexi leash is to help you lead and restrain your dog. The leash user is responsible for keeping the dog under control at all times. The leash is for dogs that are controllable and well behaved.
- Do not use this leash for disobedient or uncontrollable dogs.
- Do not use this leash for dogs that exceed the specified weight.
- Do not use this leash as a stationary (non hand-held) leash attached to a pole or other fixed object. The Flexi Garden Tie Out Model is specially designed for use as a stationary leash.
- Do not use this Flexi leash with any other product.
- Always examine the leash before each use.
- Stop using the leash if it becomes frayed, damaged, shows signs of being chewed, or does not function properly.
- Be sure the collar is strong enough to withstand the tension of the leash and a sudden stopping of the leash.
- Be sure to have your dog under control before attaching the leash.
- Always use the enclosed safety loop in addition to your dog's collar.
- Securely fasten the leash's hook to your dog's collar and the safety loop before each use.
Using the Leash Safely
- Hold the leash by the handle, not the cord.
- Never allow the cord to become wrapped around fingers. The cord can cut or amputate a finger.
- Never allow the cord to become wrapped around hands, arms, or legs. The cord can cut or burn you or another person.
- Wear long pants to avoid leg burns.
- If the cord becomes wrapped around you or someone else, drop the leash.
- Keep the cord from wrapping around the dog's neck and other body parts.
- Always hold the leash with your arm down and extended away from your body. Never hold leash near your head. The cord can retract rapidly and the hook can cause eye and face injury.
- If leash separates from the collar and safety loop during use, apply brake immediately and turn your face away.
- When near other persons or animals, shorten your leash and control your dog at your side.
- If you lose control of your dog, drop the leash.
- Do not allow the cord to be chewed or wear against trees, edges, or other sharp or rough surfaces.
- Before detaching leash be sure your dog is under control and the cord is fully retracted. If not fully retracted, the cord can retract rapidly and the hook can cause eye and face injury.
- Do not attempt to repair the Flexi leash (see limited warranty).
- Do not open leash case. The case contains a pre-wound spring that can cause injury if opened. Opening the housing will void the limited warranty.
Directions For Use
Safety Loop: Always use the enclosed safety loop in addition to your dog's collar. If your dog's collar breaks, the safety loop will stay attached to your dog. This will prevent the cord from retracting rapidly and the hook from possibly hitting you causing eye or face injury.
To Attach Leash: Be sure to have your dog under control before attempting to attach the leash. With the cord fully retracted into the case, put the safety loop around the dog's neck near the collar. Attach both rings of the safety loop and the ring of the dog's collar to the hook on the leash.
To Operate: Hold the Flexi leash by the handle, not the cord. The cord will run in and out freely without sagging.
To Stop Leash: Press the brake button down firmly with your thumb.
To Lock Brake: Press the brake button down firmly and with your thumb push the lock forward.
To Release the Brake Lock: Press the brake button with your thumb, using your thumb draw back the lock, then slowly release the brake button.
To Walk to Heel: Fully retract the leash and lock the brake.
For Closer Control: Use the nylon hand loop if provided on the leash. To avoid cuts, burns, and amputations to your body never grab or pull the cord, or wrap it around your finger or hand.
To Bring Your Dog Nearer: Extend your arm toward the dog, apply the brake button, and bring your arm to your side again. Release the brake button and repeat the movement as necessary.
To Detach Leash: Before attempting to detach leash, be sure your dogs is under control, the leash is fully retracted, and the brake is locked.
Wet Cord: If the cord gets wet, pull it out of the leash housing as far as it will go, lock brake, and leave it to dry overnight. After the cord is dry, carefully and slowly retract the cord into the case by pushing and releasing the brake button and allowing the cord to retract at short intervals. This will prevent the cord from retracting rapidly and the hook from possibly hitting you causing eye or face injury.The Flexi leash is for use by responsible adults only.