PetSafe Blue Gentle Leader Headcollars -- Find this Gentle Leader Collar and Gentle Leader Harness online at petco.com!
Millions of dog owners today enjoy the benefits of stress-free walks thanks to these PetSafe Blue Gentle Leader Headcollars. Designed so that owners can communicate with their pet in a way they instinctively understand, the Gentle Leader collar painlessly and effectively removes the dog's natural tendency to pull by placing gentle pressure on calming points and eliminating uncomfortable pressure on the throat. In addition to reducing a dog's desire to pull away, this headcollar is similar to a Gentle Leader harness in that it is also a very effective tool in combating lunging, jumping and excessive barking and in helping to calm an aggressive and/or anxious animal.
PetSafe Blue Gentle Leader Headcollars features:
- Straps are made of supple nylon.
- Won't choke; pressure is applied at the back of the neck vs. the front of the throat.
- Not a muzzle; when fitted properly a dog can open its mouth to eat, drink, pant, fetch, and bark.
- Can be used with dogs eight (8) weeks of age or older.
- Can be worn up to 18 hours/day.
- Comes with easy-to-follow fitting instructions, an abbreviated training guide and a more comprehensive training DVD.
Why are the PetSafe Blue Gentle Leader Headcollars the best choice? Here are just of few of the reasons.
- Gentle Leader headcollars stop leash pulling, an extremely common problem that spans all breeds, ages and activity levels and leaves both owners and dogs frustrated.
- Control unwanted behaviors …general aggression and dog-on-dog aggressive behavior, anxiety issues, and a wide range of compulsive disorders.
- Fully adjustable; both neck strap and nose loop can be adjusted independently to create a custom fit that is as easy on you and your dog as a Gentle Leader harness.
- Help to produce immediate results; most dogs acclimate within minutes and respond very quickly.
- Lifetime guarantee.
How does a Gentle Leader collar compare to other halter-like products? Simply stated, it's most often recommended by leading vets and trainers for these reasons:
- More effective; the Gentle Leader allows owners to communicate with their pet in a way that dogs instinctively understand. The nose loop encircles the dog's muzzle and applies light pressure in the same manner in which lead dogs naturally communicate with dogs lower in rank. Because of the placement of the nose loop, the dog immediately understands its place in the hierarchy and recognizes the owner as the leader.
- It can be custom fit. The Gentle Leader is the only headcollar with a fully adjustable nose loop. Once fitted properly, dogs can wear a Gentle Leader for up to 3x longer than other head halters -- as long as 18 hours -- and dogs cannot paw it off.
- Unmatched versatility. The Gentle Leader can be used just as effectively as a Gentle Leader harness to control unwanted behaviors ranging from leash pulling and lunging to barking, jumping, chasing, digging and begging; it doesn't need safety straps or double-leashing; and it can quickly convert to a regular collar.
- Extremely user-friendly. The Gentle Leader kit comes with easy-to-follow fitting instructions, simplified training materials and a more elaborate multi-media training DVD
Please read and follow all directions/instructions provided with packaging.