Petco Power Head
Our Petco fully submersible power head with its unique design creates currents for increased circulation and water flow through under-gravel filters and protein skimmers. Included is an air inlet with 20" long plastic tubing to help supplement oxygen flow in the aquarium. Additionally, our power heads are UL listed and feature a fully sealed motor to ensure safety.
For freshwater and marine aquariums.
This item is not suitable for children. Remove from packaging and rinse thoroughly with water before plugging unit in and placing in aquarium. For proper use, ensure air tube is connected snug. Inspect product and discard if any part becomes loose, detached or damaged. If color transfer occurs, remove product from aquarium.
Refer to product packaging for complete set up and safety instructions.
- Place the pump in the aquarium, attaching the unit to the side of the tank using the sliding bracket (with four suckers) provided with the unit.
- The unit should be fully submerged in the water, as it is this that cools the pump.
- Hang the attached airline with its filter outside the aquarium in a position where it can draw in clean air from outside the tank to support the air bleed.
- Place the pump in an area of the aquarium where the water can be circulated around the entire tank.
- Ensure the pump unit is cleaned regularly, the water output from the pump usually slows down, indicating that the impeller needs cleaning.
- If the pump is powering an under-gravel filter, make sure that the gravel is clean to ensure a good flow rate.
- The pump air bleed will stop working if the water flow from the pump is reduced. This may be caused by the gravel in the bed of the under-gravel filter becoming so dirty that it reduces water flow to the pump.
- Clean the impeller at least once a month. The impeller is situated in the pump housing and can be accessed by holding the pump body and rotating the impeller cover and pulling the pump cover away from the main body.
- When disassembling the impeller, please ensure that you do not lose the small plastic washers positioned at the top and bottom of the impeller, as these ensure the efficient operation of the pump.
- Clean the impeller in fresh water, and the housing with cotton balls to remove the accumulated debris from the pump and reassemble.
- The electric supply cord to the pump should extend below the 13-amp plug socket; this is to prevent water drops from making contact with the plug or electric supply outlet.
- We recommend the use of a ground fault circuit breaker with this pump and any other electrical products used in or around the aquarium.
We guarantee you will be 100% satisfied with the quality of our products.