TetraFauna Aquatic Reptile Heater - Reptile Temperature Control from petco.com
Our TetraFauna Aquatic Reptile Heater is specially designed for aquatic reptile aquariums. Compact and completely submersible, this 100W heater features a protective cover to keep your pets safe while maintaining an optimum 78°F Temperature. The extra long 8 foot power cord easily adjusts to any direction, allowing a more custom fit to your terrarium (simply unsnap the cover, position the cord through one of several openings then snap closed). Two oversized suction cups on the bottom provide maximum hold to prevent movement by active reptiles.
- Determine the best place to locate the heater in the aquatic portion of your terrarium - ideally, on the bottom in an area with ample water circulation. The heater should always be completely submerged in water when plugged in.
- Decide how you will route the power cord. Unlock the heater cage by pressing the two buttons on the end of the cage.
- Lift the end of the cage and route the heater cord through one of the three openings, depending on how the heater will be positioned in the terrarium.
- Close the heater cage by snapping the locking tabs into place.
- Position the heater, then press down lightly on the unit to secure both suction cups to the bottom of the terrarium.
- Route the power cord out of the terrarium, create a drip loop, wait 15 minutes and plug heater into outlet. Read and keep the enclosed Safety Instructions.
- If you are installing the heater in a new terrarium, fill to desired level, wait 15 minutes, then plug heater in to electric receptacle. Allow 24 hours for the water to reach the correct temperature before adding reptiles or fish.
- If the heater needs to be removed from the water, unplug the power cord and wait 15 minutes to allow heater to cool before exposing it to air.
- NOTE: This heater is for indoor aquatic terrarium use only.
Tips for Heater Installation and Care:
- Place heater along bottom back wall of terrarium and use plants to hide the heater.
- Use vines or plants to hide the heater cord.
- Locate the heater close to the filter or water pump to maximize heater efficiency.
- The exterior of the heater cage can be cleaned using plain water and a soft bristle brush or pad.
- The suction cups will adhere to the tank better if the glass is free of algae and debris.