The NEW Shape of Filtration
Ready Start Setup SilentFilter™ Technology
The Whisper® EX is ready to go right out of the box. Simply adjust the extension tube, place the filtration system on your aquarium and plug it in. The submerged motor begins filtering water immediately. No priming required. As always, operation is Whisper® quiet.
Accurately determine when your carbon filter has expired with Timestrip® technology. The patented technology allows you to see at a glance when it's time to replace your filter. The health of your fish depends on regular filter changes to remove toxins and other harmful impurities.
Fast, Clean & Easy Filter Changes
Our new filter carrier holds the filter - and the drips - so you don't have to. After discarding the old filter and inserting a new one, the carrier easily drops back into place within the filtration system. It's that simple!
Multi-Stage Filtration and Engineered Water Flow
Unlike other filters, the Whisper® EX directs water through multiple layers of floss to remove particles. The carbon inside eliminates odors, discoloration and, most importantly, harmful toxins. The Bio-Scrubber removes ammonia and nitrites that are deadly to your fish.
Installing Your Filtration System
Maintaining Your Filtration System
- Attach strainer (and extension tubes, if necessary) so that the strainer will be no closer than 2" to aquarium gravel once the system is hanging on aquarium frame
- Hang system on aquarium frame and be sure aquarium water is at or above the minimum water level indicated on system's motor assembly
- Once system is properly in place, plug filtration system into outlet being sure to arrange the drip loop with the power cord
- Squeeze start button on Timestrip® and place it in compartment on filter hood so that the white area shows through the window. The bottom of the white timeline will darken approximately 30 seconds after activation. (Important: If bottom of timeline does not darken, then the Timestrip® has not been activated and you need to squeeze the button again.)
Changing the Carbon Filter:
When the Timestrip® in the filtration system's hood has turned completely red, it's time to change your filter. Note: It's important to change your carbon filter when the Timestrip® indicates it is time to do so because that means the carbon filter has reached its capacity for removing toxins.
- Open the system's carbon filter access door and lift carbon filter carrier
- Hold carrier above doorway for a few seconds to drain water then invert carrier to a 45° angle and carry to waste bin
- Squeeze carrier handle to drop dirty carbon filter into waste bin
- Insert clean carbon filter into carrier (tan-colored floss should face front), drop carrier into system and close filter access door
- Squeeze the start button on the fresh Timestrip® and replace old strip in compartment on filter hood so that the white area shows through the window. The bottom of the white timeline will darken approximately 30 seconds after activation. (Important: If bottom of timeline does not darken, then the Timestrip® has not been activated and you need to squeeze the button again.)
Cleaning the Bio-Scrubber™:
Do not dispose of the Bio-Scrubber™ unless it is damaged. It is a permanent part of the filtration system and not meant to be replaced or disturbed. If your Bio-Scrubber™ should ever become clogged as evidenced by restricted water flow or water to flowing over the top of the Bio-Scrubber™, follow the procedure below.
- Remove the system's hood and remove the Bio-Scrubber™
- Gently rinse the Bio-Scrubber™ under cool water to dislodge clogs. Do not use soap or any other cleaner. (Note: Do not remove the beneficial bacteria growing on the Bio-Scrubber™. This bacteria turns toxins into harmless compounds.)
- Re-insert Bio-Scrubber™ and snap system hood back into place
Limited 3 year warranty.
Tetra warrants this product against defects in material or workmanship for a period of three years from the date of original receipt. If the product exhibits such a defect, Tetra will repair or replace it without cost for parts or labor. The product must be shipped postage-paid to Tetra. Proof of purchase is required. You are responsible for proper wrapping and the payment of $5 for shipping.
This warranty does not cover damage caused by accident, misuse, abuse or failure to follow product instructions. All implied warranties, including any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for any purpose, are limited to two years from date of original purchase. In no event will Tetra be liable for consequential damages resulting from the use of this product. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation may not apply to you. This warranty provides specific legal rights. You may have other legal rights that vary from state to state.