Marineland C Series External Canister Filters
The revolutionary design of the new Marineland Multi-Stage C-Series Canister Filter forces water to pass through the filter media trays and not around them. With virtually no bypass and a three-stage filtration process, only sparkling-clean water can recirculate into your tank—regardless of size or type of aquarium. The key to this process is our special internal design with a three-stage approach that passes the water through a series of specialized filter media. It's a design that delivers the best available technology in mechanical, chemical and biological filtration… and it's a design that is unmatched for capturing particulates.
Plus, these great features...
- Convenient tote handle pops up for hassle-free portability
- Quick prime button fills filter chamber with water for self-priming system start-up
- Valve block quick release immediately shuts down water flow and separates from motor housing for quick, spill-free filter maintenance
- Canister lid with lift lock clamps presses down to ensure water-tight seal and lift up for easy cover removal
- Stack 'N FLO™ filter trays flow-through media layers for total mechanical, chemical and biological filtration
- Directional flow dish ensures directed, bypass free water flow
- UL listed for safety
Refer to package for complete instructions on set up, operation and safety guidelines.
For optimum performance clean filter media regularly with aquarium water (not tap water). Replace filter foam every 9 months. Clean impeller assembly cover and impeller monthly by rinsing thoroughly under warm tap water. Replace filter floss pads and carbon filter pads every month.
Important: Never use soap, abrasives or any other cleaning agent on or around filter or aquarium. Never attempt to open motor head when filter is in use. Never submerge motor assembly.
DANGER: To avoid possible electric shock, special care should be taken in the use of aquarium equipment. For each of the following situations, do not attempt repairs yourself. Return the appliance to an authorized service facility for service or discard the appliance.
- If the appliance falls into the water, DON'T reach for it. First unplug it and then retrieve it. If electrical components of the appliance get wet, unplug the appliance immediately. If the appliance shows any sign of abnormal water leakage, immediately unplug from the power source. Carefully examine the appliance after installation. It should not be plugged in if there is water on parts not intended to be wet. Do not operate any appliance if it has a damaged cord or plug, or if it is malfunctioning or if it is dropped or damaged in any manner. To avoid the possibility of the appliance plug or receptacle getting wet, position aquarium stand and tank to one side of a wall mounted receptacle to prevent water from dripping onto the receptacle or plug. A drip loop, should be arranged by the user for each cord connecting an aquarium appliance to a receptacle. The drip loop is that part of the cord below the level of the receptacle or the connector, if an extension cord is used, to prevent water from traveling along the cord and coming in contact with the receptacle. If the plug or receptacle does get wet, DON'T unplug the cord. Disconnect the fuse or circuit breaker that supplies power to the appliance. Then unplug and examine for presence of water in the receptacle.
- Close supervision is necessary when any appliance is used by or near children.
- To avoid injury, do not contact moving parts or hot parts such as heaters, reflectors, lamp bulbs, etc.
- Always unplug an appliance from an outlet when not in use, before putting on or taking off parts, and before cleaning. Never yank cord to pull plug from outlet. Grasp the plug and pull to disconnect.
- Do not use an appliance for other than intended use. The use of attachments not recommended or sold by the appliance manufacturer may cause an unsafe condition.
- Do not install or store the appliance where it will be exposed to the weather or to temperatures below freezing.
- Make sure an appliance mounted on a tank is securely installed before operating it.
- Read and observe all the important notices on the appliance.
- If an extension cord is necessary, a cord with a proper rating should be used. A cord rated for less amperes or watts than the appliance rating may overheat. Care should be taken to arrange the cord so that it will not be tripped over or pulled.
- This appliance has a polarized plug (one blade is wider than the other). As a safety feature, this plug will fit in a polarized outlet only one way. If the plug does not fit fully in the outlet, reverse the plug. If it still does not fit, contact a qualified electrician. Never use with an extension cord unless plug can be fully inserted. Do not attempt to defeat this safety feature.
Three-year manufacturer warranty.