The PetSafe Pawz Away mat provides an immediate correction when your pet steps onto the surface. Small wires embedded in the mat detect his step, and send a quick burst of energy. The correction is harmless, yet startling, and most pets flee immediately. Pets learn very quickly to avoid the area where Pawz Away is located. Three easy training options allow custom correction to suit the needs of you and your pet:
- Tone + Stimulation: The mat provides a tone and sends immediate static correction when your pet steps onto the mat.
- Stimulation Only: The mat provides an immediate static correction with no audible tone.
- Tone Only: The mat provides a startling tone when our pet steps onto the mat. Pets learn to associate the tone with staying away from the prohibited area.
Unit includes: Translucent Pawz Away mat, control unit for mat and operating guide. 9V battery is required (not included).
Place Pawz Away mat in a location where you don't want your pet to go. When the Pawz Away mat is turned on, the controls will be set for tone + stimulation
. Once the pet has stepped on the mat and received the correction a few times, the tone will usually be enough for the pet to avoid the area where you placed the Pawz Away mat.
Cautions: This pet training device is not a toy - keep away from children.
- Do not use this product on or near a stairway
- Mats can present a tripping or slipping hazard
- Do not use this product near fire or open flame
- Keep away from children
- Warn others of the presence of the mat