How to apply SENTRY® Fiproguard™
Applying SENTRY® Fiproguard™ products at home is easy. Just follow these steps each time you use the products. Always be sure to READ THE PACKAGE LABEL before applying any flea and tick control product.
Before You Apply
- Applying correctly starts with purchasing correctly at the store. Before purchasing, weigh your dog or cat. Don’t guess! It is important to know the exact weight of the pet to ensure you purchase the right product.
SENTRY® Fiproguard™ products come in four weight breaks for dogs and one for cats.
Dogs up to 22 pounds
Dogs from 23 to 44 pounds
Dogs from 45 to 88 pounds
Dogs from 89 to 132 pounds
Cats – one weight category
- At the store, be sure to buy the product for the right species. BE SURE to choose cat products for cats and dog products for dogs. These products are made with different percentages of active ingredients based on the species and weight category and SHOULD NEVER be used interchangeably.
- Don’t forget to consider your pet’s age. ONLY use SENTRY® Fiproguard™ on dogs and cats over 8 weeks of age. ONLY use SENTRY® Fiproguard™ MAX on dogs and cats over 12 weeks of age.
Applying the Products
How to Open
- Remove product tubes from the package.
- Separate one tube from the others.
- Holding the tube with notched end pointing up and away from the face and body, cut off the narrow end at the notches with scissors.
How to Apply - For small- and medium-sized dogs (up to 88 pounds) and cats
- Invert tube over dog or cat and use open end to part your dog or cat’s hair.
- Squeeze tube firmly to apply all of the solution to the animal’s skin as a spot to the animal’s back between the shoulder blades.
How to Apply - For large dogs (89-132 pounds)
- Invert tube over dog and use open end to part dog’s hair.
- Squeeze tube firmly to apply all of the solution to the dog’s skin from the back of the neck to a point midway between the neck and tail.