At petco.com, we are concerned with protecting your privacy. We use the information we collect about you to provide a personalized shopping experience. We may also use it to tell you about special offers that we think you'd appreciate if you are subscribed to our newsletters. You'll never have to worry about receiving a barrage of unexpected email from us if you have not subscribed with us. We will not sell, rent or trade your information.
We occasionally have third party agents, subsidiaries, affiliates and joint ventures that perform functions on our behalf. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, and are contractually obligated to maintain the confidentiality and security of the data. They are restricted from using this data for other purposes, and in any way other than to provide the requested services to petco.com, and may not alter or resell the data. You may elect to opt-out of personally identifiable site tracking activity by following the Opt-out link below. Keep in mind that petco.com may continue to collect anonymous aggregate site behavior from our customers. Opt-out
When registering with petco.com, we will ask for some contact information, such as your name and email address. We will use the customer contact information from the registration form to send you information about our company and some of our partners. If you do not wish to receive future mailing, see the "Choice/Opt-Out" section below.
Sometimes you will provide us with data that doesn't reveal your personal identity - what type of pet you're interested in, for example. We use this sort of information for editorial and personalization purposes, and occasionally for other internal purposes (maybe we'll show cat owners a certain ad, for example) but we do not connect it to any name, address or other personal identifying information. This way we can give you customized information without compromising your privacy.
We reserve the right to use aggregated, anonymous data about our users as a group. For instance, we might report to potential advertisers that a certain percentage of our users are interested in parrot behavior, based on online surveys or other requests.
If we know a visitor is under the age of thirteen, we will collect a parent's permission offline (by postal mail, fax or phone) before we collect or share personal information with anyone else.
Please note that nowhere on the website do we knowingly collect contact information or financial information from children under the age of 13.
Email, in general, is not a secure form of communication, and can be intercepted as it travels across the Internet. DO NOT send credit card numbers or other sensitive information via email.
Notice and Procedures for Making Claims of Copyright or Other Intellectual Property Infringements
petco respects the intellectual property of others and takes the protection of copyrights and all other intellectual property very seriously, and we ask our users to do the same. We therefore employ measures to prevent copyright and other intellectual property infringement on the Site. Pursuant to Title 17, United States Code, Section 512(c)(2), if you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright or other intellectual property infringement, please send a written notification of the claimed copyright or other intellectual property infringement to:
Petco Law Department
9125 Rehco Road
San Diego, CA 92121
Under Title 17, United States Code, Section 512(c)(3)(A), to be effective the notification must include substantially the following information:
- A physical or electronic signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright or other intellectual property interest that is allegedly infringed;
- Identification of the copyrighted work or other intellectual property that you claim has been infringed, or if multiple copyrighted works or other intellectual property on the Site are covered by the notice, a representative list of such works;
- Identification of the material that you claim is infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact you, such as your name, address, telephone number and email address;
- A statement by you that you have a good-faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright or other intellectual property owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement by you that the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are the copyright or other intellectual property owner or authorized to act on the copyright or other intellectual property owner’s behalf.
For clarity, only notices related to copyright or other intellectual property infringement should go to the Petco Law Department; any other feedback, comments, requests for technical support, and other communications should be directed here
. You acknowledge that if you fail to comply with all of the requirements, your notice may not be valid.