Letter of Inquiry
The first step in your request for support funds or product donations is the "Letter of Inquiry" (LOI).
- Log in to our on line support interface.
- On the left navigation, click Start a New Application
- Choose the grant type that you will be applying under.
- Depending on the grant type you choose, you will then be asked for information such as the following:
- Official name and address info for your group
- An email where you can be reached
- A name for the Project/Request you are making
- A brief description of the Project/Request
- Amount requested or estimated retail amount for products requested
- The geographic area where the funding will be applied
- The type of support you'll be requesting
- Your mission statement (can be uploaded as pdf or typed out)
- If you are a current Charitable Partner, amount of funding received previously
- If you are not currently a Charitable Partner (have never received funds from Petco Foundation) you will need to submit certain paperwork as indicated below. You may use "Fax to File" option (link is at the top left margin of the LOI page) that will allow you to fax documents to a special toll-free fax number. Your documents will be returned to you as PDF files that can be saved to your computer and then attached to your submission, per the instructions given:
- Completed and signed copy of the IRS W-9 Form
- Copy of 501(c)(3) tax determination letter, Form 1023, or Government or Municipal Agency Form (blank document also available from within the Application site)
Within two weeks of completing/submitting the "Letter of Inquiry" (LOI), you will receive an email from the Petco Foundation. Please make certain that you have added petco.com to your trusted senders list so that the email does not land in your spam filter.
At this point, you will be advised of one of three options:
- Your inquiry is complete, compelling, and falls within our guidelines; you are approved to move on to the next step, the Application for Support. Log back in and click on "Start New Application" at the top left of the page which will place you in the second step of the process, the extended application.
- Certain documents are missing and we need you to log back in and attach them, via the "Fax to File" link at the top left margin of the Letter Of Inquiry page.
- Your request does not meet our criteria.