Thank you for your interest in partnering with PETCO Animal Supplies, Inc. PETCO is proud to be an active participant in animal-related events and fundraisers in the communities we serve.
What You Should Know About Submitting A Sponsorship to PETCO
PETCO is one of the most recognizable pet specialty retailers in the industry. The sponsorships selected must be compatible with the PETCO brand. As such, we only consider pet-related sponsorship opportunities. These events are mainly directed to pet parents and enthusiasts.
The regional marketing offices control their respective sponsorship budgets. Thus, sponsorships that are regional or local in nature should be directed to the appropriate Regional Marketing Coordinator
Please note: If your sponsorship is purely charitable and related to animals (i.e. benefiting a pet-related non-profit organization) or you are requesting a grant, please contact the PETCO Foundation
. Please note the following guidelines for all other proposals.
Submitting an Event Sponsorship Proposal
Although PETCO believes in strong community support, due to the amount of requests received we have instituted the following guidelines. Please read through the criteria to determine if your event is eligible for consideration.
PETCO will NOT be able to participate in the following types of requests/events:
- Galas, Dinners, Banquets
- School, sports or municipal related events
- Endorsements of any kind (such as individual, athletic, pet, movie)
- NON pet-related charity or fundraising events
- Any product, gift or monetary donations that do not come with an opportunity to have a booth space at the event.
- Can not provide free goldfish or free goldfish coupons
If your event meets the guidelines, PETCO will look first at events that offer the following:
- Include a booth space with chair and table for coupon distribution
- Event submission with enough time to review, approve and execute (at least 8 weeks)
- Be advertised in the local community and will have substantial local community support and involvement
- Take place near a PETCO store
- Does not take place during November 15th and January 9th (event blackout dates)
If your event meets the guidelines as noted above, we invite your organization to complete an application. All applicants must complete the PETCO Event Participation Proposal form (PDF)
. Due to the number of requests received, we cannot respond to all requests. If PETCO approves your event, you will also need to provide a completed New Vendor form (PDF)
and W9 form (PDF)
Note: As the proposal form is in PDF format, you need Adobe® Acrobat® Reader™ installed on your computer to download and read the form. Get Acrobat Reader here.
Where to Send
Please mail, email or fax your completed proposal to the appropriate Regional Marketing Coordinator. If the sponsorship is national, send it to:
PETCO Animal Supplies, Inc.
Attn: Local Store Marketing
9125 Rehco Road
San Diego, CA 92121
or email email@example.com
Requests are reviewed by PETCO Regional Marketing Coordinators on an ongoing basis. If the sponsorship is approved, your Regional Marketing Coordinator will contact you to begin the sponsorship process within 6-8 weeks. Due to the amount of requests, requests that do not fit within the guidelines may not receive a response.
We appreciate your interest in PETCO as a potential partner and look forward to receiving your sponsorship proposal.