Information provided by TetraPond
- Keep the pond free of debris and decay. Cut back or net off excess aquatic plant growth and dead leaves or blossoms.
- Native plants typically do not need fertilizer; however, some exotic water lilies may need to be fertilized once a year. Consult with a nursery regarding care of your plants. Over-fertilization may cause algae blooms.
- Monitor water quality, especially for heavily stocked fishponds.
- Vacuum or remove with fine-mesh net muck and debris from the pond floor.
- Top off water regularly to account for evaporation. Remember to immediately treat tap water for chlorine and chloramines.
- Keep an eye out for pests and disease in fish and plants.